The simplest task!!!!

Everything that is outdoors and not hunting or shooting. Talk about fishing, 4wd, archery, camping, motorbike riding etc etc.
The Raven
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: .270 Win

The simplest task!!!!

Post by The Raven »

Got a bonnet protector and some other stuff for the Pajero Sport. What should have been a 30 minute job turned into 4 hours over two days.

Cheap screws, washers, and plastic clips are a pain. WTF did they supply parts that wouldn’t work as instructed AND why does every modern car use fake clips with fake philips head screw heads.

Anyhow I got it all done after discovering that every time you drop a plastic clip it will vanish down the hole for hood latch. This requires removing the stone tray and then finding little room to get at anywhere it may have fell.

I did find a passable solution…leaf blower to the engine bay will dislodged most lost parts.

Beyond that I’m very happy with the bonnet protector and window deflectors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MISSED
Favourite Cartridge: 20 PPC

Re: The simplest task!!!!

Post by MISSED »

I feel your pain
The Raven
Ultimate AusVarminter

Post by The Raven »

Biggest problem was the clips that are meant to just push into the old holes wouldn’t grab.

Even taping them into position didn’t work as they needed to align with slots in the bonnet protector so the screws would engage without the lot spinning.

Anyhow it’s all done now BUT the slow leak on a tyre has returned. Gotta be the valve stem.

The Raven
Ultimate AusVarminter

Post by The Raven »

Decided I had to do something proactive today so decide to work on the Pajero Sport.

Applied some carbon fibre today just to cover the hideous rear reflectors which make the brake lights look like they were stolen from a Volvo. Must say it looks better.

Then got carried away and decided to apply carbon fibre to the front grill sections a bit tricky but it worked. Much improved now.

The rest of the job will be done later as it will be a lot trickier with all the compound curves and large area.

Wondered whether I could go all tactard and do the same with and rifle stock. Don’t think that will happen though.