I couldn't help myself and got the Stihl MS311

Everything that is outdoors and not hunting or shooting. Talk about fishing, 4wd, archery, camping, motorbike riding etc etc.
kjd
Site Admin
Favourite Cartridge: 223Rem

Re: I couldn't help myself and got the Stihl MS311

Post by kjd »

Camel wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:25 pm Flick, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz right into the snag and lookee, lookee, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz screamed the drag

:lol: :lol:

And in case you don't get that, I have been winding you up Keith, man they are biting well in this spot, Ill have to come back and throw a few more lures around. I am the last one to brag about dick size. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Man if you felt the need to wind me up over this I think you need to get out for a shot more as that is some d grade shit posting, it just came across as lame.
kickinback
50 BMG
Favourite Cartridge: 260 Rem

Post by kickinback »

The Raven wrote:Like all chainsaws there is only one thing better, someone to cut and stack the wood for you.
Really?

Personally, it's one of the more enjoyable things I do. It used to be a family outing for the day. Fill both utes and trailers, BBQ lunch on the tailgate and a bit of a family target shoot off. Not a lot of better things to do on a Saturday/Sunday imho.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
bimbo
300 Win Mag
Favourite Cartridge: 17HH

Post by bimbo »

kickinback wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:45 pm
The Raven wrote:Like all chainsaws there is only one thing better, someone to cut and stack the wood for you.
Really?

Personally, it's one of the more enjoyable things I do. It used to be a family outing for the day. Fill both utes and trailers, BBQ lunch on the tailgate and a bit of a family target shoot off. Not a lot of better things to do on a Saturday/Sunday imho.

I find cutting and splitting my firewood pretty therapeutic to be honest. Granted only use it for teh wood fired oven and fire pit and I'm sure if I was burning a fireplace all through winter it may wear a bit thin though
kjd
Site Admin

Post by kjd »

kickinback wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:45 pm
Really?

That's quite true mate. And it doesn't take much cutting to fill a trailer and if you burn smartly a trailer load will last you a while. The thing I hate is loading the trailer and then stacking it at home. My old man's woodshed is out the back and we have to take it barrow by barrow so that gets old. But cutting it and splitting it is enjoyable and it forces you to exercise!
MISSED
Favourite Cartridge: 20 PPC

Post by MISSED »

In another life I cut firewood for a living.
30 tonne cut split and delivered a week for 6 months a year getting trucks bogged, saws stuck,saw dust in your eyes and blowing it out your nostrils,splinters,blood blisters a forever sore back and constant ringing in the ears.
It was the pits
And I miss it very very much.
LoneRider
50 BMG
Favourite Cartridge: 308

Post by LoneRider »

i definitely dont miss that bloody ax,give me a saw and mechanical splitter any day.[not that ive got a power splitter yet :roll: ]
curan
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 30/30

Post by curan »

I don't cut much wood anymore, as I have a good local source at the right price.

But I do enjoy an hour or so of sitting in the sun splitting kindling from pieces of broken pallet...... :)
Rabbitz
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 222

Post by Rabbitz »

Awww crap - that reminds me. I've got to ring the local firewood bloke today.

Running very low in the shed and haven't had a free weekend to get to the farm in months.

EDIT:

FMD. $530 a tonne. That is one helluva lazy tax right there.
daisy
.308 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 7-08

Post by daisy »

Rabbitz wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:37 am Awww crap - that reminds me. I've got to ring the local firewood bloke today.

Running very low in the shed and haven't had a free weekend to get to the farm in months.

EDIT:

FMD. $530 a tonne. That is one helluva lazy tax right there.
I drive on weight bridge then to wood heap . Loader fills up trailer weight bridge again. Go in and pay $.25 per kg.
curan
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by curan »

daisy wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:36 am
I drive on weight bridge then to wood heap . Loader fills up trailer weight bridge again. Go in and pay $.25 per kg.
Same here with a choice of split red gum or mallee stumps. Or a bit of each. Same price as Daisy.

I reckon they saw you coming Rabbitz!
Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: 20-222 6x47 rem, 250

Post by Camel »

So going on those prices, 300.00 for 2.5 tonnes is pretty good buying. :D
curan
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by curan »

Yep! :D
Rabbitz
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 222

Post by Rabbitz »

To be honest, for dry Qld iron bark, cut, split and left in a heap on my driveway it isn't too bad - once you factor in the fact, I don't have to spend a day cutting and splitting it.

As I said - it is a lazy tax.
Keith
Favourite Cartridge: .308

Post by Keith »

kjd wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:42 pm Eh I messed around with it a bit more and got it freed, it must have had shit in it. But I couldn't get it to budge yesterday the oil must have penetrated the dust.
Awesome saws, I have a ms291 and it goes great, but when I first got it, it jammed up in front of the rear sprocket under the case. I haven't had a drama with the front sprocket, what did you do to clean it out?
kjd
Site Admin

Post by kjd »

Keith wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:58 pm
kjd wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:42 pm Eh I messed around with it a bit more and got it freed, it must have had shit in it. But I couldn't get it to budge yesterday the oil must have penetrated the dust.
Awesome saws, I have a ms291 and it goes great, but when I first got it, it jammed up in front of the rear sprocket under the case. I haven't had a drama with the front sprocket, what did you do to clean it out?
Just cleaned out the bar mate and pushed the nose of the bar agains a bit of timber and she freed up. I couldn't get it to budge the day before so I guess whatever bar oil was in there absorbed and allowed it to free up a bit.

I haven't run it through wood since but it's working all good now.