I couldn't help myself and got the Stihl MS311

Everything that is outdoors and not hunting or shooting. Talk about fishing, 4wd, archery, camping, motorbike riding etc etc.
kjd
Site Admin
Favourite Cartridge: 223Rem

Re: I couldn't help myself and got the Stihl MS311

Post by kjd »

Eh I messed around with it a bit more and got it freed, it must have had shit in it. But I couldn't get it to budge yesterday the oil must have penetrated the dust.
Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: 20-222 6x47 rem, 250

Post by Camel »

Harumph, you should have bought a Husky. :roll:
The Raven
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: .270 Win

Post by The Raven »

Camel wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:57 pm Harumph, you should have bought a Husky. :roll:
I'll swap Keith my new/unused Ozito... :P
kjd
Site Admin

Post by kjd »

Camel wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:57 pm Harumph, you should have bought a Husky. :roll:
Pffft and paid the same price for 15 less power?

The saw went fine though up until the bar buggered up.
Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter

Post by Camel »

kjd wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:42 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I had a good laugh at that one Keith, all the extra 15 percent :roll: power in the world aint gunna make things betterer when the saw don't fucken run. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
kjd
Site Admin

Post by kjd »

Camel wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:15 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I had a good laugh at that one Keith, all the extra 15 percent :roll: power in the world aint gunna make things betterer when the saw don't fucken run. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The saw runs fine mate, it was the sprocket in the bar nose that buggered up and I ended up fixing it myself.
kjd
Site Admin

Post by kjd »

Also for what its worth, I'm not interested in getting into a dick measuring contest, I'd own either Stihl or Husky but as it stands today you get more for your $$ with Stihl it will change and maybe in 15 years when it's time to get a new saw I'll get a Husky. I am not loyal to either brand as I reckon both are pretty damn good.
MISSED
Favourite Cartridge: 20 PPC

Post by MISSED »

I have never been a fan of roller tips but they do decrease kickback

Nice choice of Saw Keith I am sure your are going to get a lot of use out of it in the near future.
kjd
Site Admin

Post by kjd »

MISSED wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:24 pm I have never been a fan of roller tips but they do decrease kickback

Nice choice of Saw Keith I am sure your are going to get a lot of use out of it in the near future.
Thanks mate! I'm sure I will get a lot of use out of it with the temps in the Southern Tablelands of late!

Bring on March when we move down! Can't bloody wait!
The Raven
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: .270 Win

Post by The Raven »

Like all chainsaws there is only one thing better, someone to cut and stack the wood for you.
kjd
Site Admin

Post by kjd »

The Raven wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:54 pm Like all chainsaws there is only one thing better, someone to cut and stack the wood for you.
Bloody Amen to that!
Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter

Post by Camel »

kjd wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:07 am

The saw runs fine mate, it was the sprocket in the bar nose that buggered up and I ended up fixing it myself.

Oh, so you are saying you are happy with the way it idled, why didn't you say that in the first place. :roll:
kjd
Site Admin

Post by kjd »

Camel wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:58 pm
kjd wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:07 am

Oh, so you are saying you are happy with the way it idled, why didn't you say that in the first place. :roll:
What are you talking about? I used it for nearly a full tank of fuel and bucked a medium sized stringy bark before it stopped working and had I known what I known now I would have fixed it in 5 minutes.

But again this is Ford and Holden or Remington and Winchester type shit what is the point of it? But hey if you feel you need to shit on something I've bought to vindicate your decisions then go right ahead. :D
kjd
Site Admin

Post by kjd »

LoneRider wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:32 pm Youtube is your friend,young fella. :wink:
You were right.. well it was forestry forums that I found out what to do (which was stupid simple and I slapped myself that I didn't think of it). Lessons are learnt when things go wrong though I guess.
Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter

Post by Camel »

Flick, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz right into the snag and lookee, lookee, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz screamed the drag

:lol: :lol:

And in case you don't get that, I have been winding you up Keith, man they are biting well in this spot, Ill have to come back and throw a few more lures around. I am the last one to brag about dick size. :lol: :lol: :lol: