A quick question

Everything that is outdoors and not hunting or shooting. Talk about fishing, 4wd, archery, camping, motorbike riding etc etc.
Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: 20-222 6x47 rem, 250

A quick question

Post by Camel »

Have developed a short in the Navara, the fuse that runs power to my instruments i.e. speedo, fuel and temp guage, keeps on blowing, doesn't worry me too much but will need fixing.

Now the question, does the vehicle somehow keep track of distance travelled, or is that information lost ? Reason being I did a heap of km today, blew the fuse 40k into the trip, now it doesn't show any more than 40 km travelled for the day. I replaced the fuse tonight, that's where I get the 40km travelled reading from.

Its reasonable important as I am sposed to get a km allowance when doing my census rounds and Im hoping that I am not too much out of pocket.

Fark I hate how they run everything on electronic shit these days in motor vehicles. :evil:
stinkitup
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 6.5x55

Re: A quick question

Post by stinkitup »

Had a similar issue with my old Pulsar but it was a cog that used to go on them all, did a few k's in it with it not working too :oops: :oops:

If you need to know the k's get out google maps and plug in your trip, will be very accurate or do you have to detail your actual odometer start and end k's?

Ryan
LoneRider
50 BMG
Favourite Cartridge: 308

Post by LoneRider »

you shoulda bought a cruiser....
and a step ladder :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
MISSED
Favourite Cartridge: 20 PPC

Post by MISSED »

Mine was doing the same thing

Apparently the reverse lights and alternator run of the same circuit.

My problem was the reverse light switch had a short

Unplugged it and away we go
Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter

Post by Camel »

stinkitup wrote:Had a similar issue with my old Pulsar but it was a cog that used to go on them all, did a few k's in it with it not working too :oops: :oops:

If you need to know the k's get out google maps and plug in your trip, will be very accurate or do you have to detail your actual odometer start and end k's?

Ryan
Need start and stop kms, besides which Im not smart enough, what I should have done, which I did for all my other trips, was turn my bloody GPS that is mounted on the dash, on and I would have known. :roll:
LoneRider wrote:you shoulda bought a cruiser....
Yeah, yeah, yeah, I was expecting something like that, just didn't know which quarter it was coming from. :lol:
MISSED wrote:Mine was doing the same thing

So I am presuming that the meter fuse is on the same circuit ? Or are you just being your usual cryptic self ? :?
James270
His Holiness
Favourite Cartridge: 270W

Post by James270 »

Speaking of all things auto electrickery, Andrew your driver side brake light on the Navara is out :D
MISSED
Favourite Cartridge: 20 PPC

Post by MISSED »

Yes

Thanks James
stinkitup
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 6.5x55

Re: RE: Re: A quick question

Post by stinkitup »

Camel wrote:
stinkitup wrote:Had a similar issue with my old Pulsar but it was a cog that used to go on them all, did a few k's in it with it not working too :oops: :oops:

Ryan
Need start and stop kms, besides which Im not smart enough, what I should have done, which I did for all my other trips, was turn my bloody GPS that is mounted on the dash, on and I would have known. :roll:
LoneRider wrote:you shoulda bought a cruiser....
Yeah, yeah, yeah, I was expecting something like that, just didn't know which quarter it was coming from. :lol:
MISSED wrote:Mine was doing the same thing

So I am presuming that the meter fuse is on the same circuit ? Or are you just being your usual cryptic self ? :?
I can shoot you a quick tutorial for google maps if you like. Even if its general towns at least you will be close.
barryb
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 17 ackley hornet

Post by barryb »

mmmh - could be off topic but I have a Navara with the left hand side light for the number plate gone missing ( yes Missed ) $130 for a new Nissan one , Oh deer , anyone got a spare or ideas apart from Nissan ripoff.
Tanks
Barry
Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter

Post by Camel »

Ryan, its ok mate, no need lots of the places I visited were off the road, some 20 odd km off the road, then back out, I checked one of my other tracks that was nearly the same route and took an edjamacated guess at the total, thanks anyway mate.

Barry, led number plate lights are available from just about any outlet for that kind of stuff, they are pretty cheap, but compared to Nissan, they are bloody cheap, probably less than 20 bucks. :D
LoneRider
50 BMG

Post by LoneRider »

try a bunnings trailer number plate light.
doesnt need to do much but shine light yeah ?
after all,its only goin on a nissan :roll: :lol: :lol:
The Raven
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: .270 Win

Post by The Raven »

Camel, If you have an iPhone there are plenty of apps that can track your path and distances etc. GPS Lite is an OK app with the free one recording up to two waypoints. That won't fix the Nissan but it will help calculate mileage etc.
barryb
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 17 ackley hornet

Post by barryb »

Thanks Camel & LR. I know LR you weren't really having a shot at my Nissan , 198000 k's & this the first serious problem I've ever had :)
LoneRider
50 BMG

Post by LoneRider »

:P :lol: :lol:
DSD
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: N/A

Re: RE: Re: A quick question

Post by DSD »

The Raven wrote:Camel, If you have an iPhone there are plenty of apps that can track your path and distances etc. GPS Lite is an OK app with the free one recording up to two waypoints. That won't fix the Nissan but it will help calculate mileage etc.
Trouble with most phone apps is they require signal to work (yes even if its meant to be gps), not much chop when you do not have service.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk