Chinese tractor 3pl broken

Everything that is outdoors and not hunting or shooting. Talk about fishing, 4wd, archery, camping, motorbike riding etc etc.
lawsie
Favourite Cartridge: 221 fireball

Chinese tractor 3pl broken

Post by lawsie »

Awhile ago my old man decided to buy a 75hp cabin tractor with a backhoe as a back up for his old john Deere 400a backhoe.
Within a month the john deere chewed a circlip that holds the rear axle together which then cracked the housing.

Anyways I was on the Chinese tractor digging a trench for power cables to be run when I heard an almighty bang. The top link on the tractor broke clean off!
A 3pl backhoe is obviously not the best idea around due to the pressure on the rear of the tractor but I would expect it to last longer than that.

Con
.308 Winchester

Re: Chinese tractor 3pl broken

Post by Con »

How much to fix it? Warranty cover it? :wink:
Cheers...
Con
lawsie

Post by lawsie »

Warranty should cover it but in the mean time we have purchased the part for $88 as we don't have time to muck around with the dealer. They claim that its not happened before and is operator error which is BS.
We were going to make a new one out of stronger steel but that will probably cause another more important part to break or bend.
Con
.308 Winchester

Post by Con »

$88? :lol: What's a name brand tractor equivalent cost? Jeez, for $88, the dealer is stupid not doing as a warranty. Send pictures to company and see what they say.
Cheers...
Con
engo
Favourite Cartridge: 223

Post by engo »

What brand of tractor was it?
lawsie

Post by lawsie »

Yeah $88. We ordered 2 so we don't get caught out again. Pictures were sent with descriptions etc but we will see what they come up with regarding the warranty.

It's a dong feng/east wind. It has only done 100 easy hours so far. For $30000 you can't expect the best but it wasn't my money. I tried to talk the old boy into a real tractor but he was set on Chinese due to it not having computers etc.
frakka
22-250 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 223 Rem

Post by frakka »

Does the backhoe unit have its own stabiliser legs ? if not the weight of the unit plus its breakout power will surely exceed the 3PL specifications ?
lawsie

Post by lawsie »

Yes it has it's own legs. You couldn't use it without them. The unit weighs about 800kg and is probably the biggest 3pl backhoe available. It was recommended for this size tractor by the dealer.

Will find out tomorrow how long the next part lasts. Could just have been a dodgy part.
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: N/A

Post by 220 »

So it broke out the mount for the linkage third arm, wouldn't surprise me if the backhoe loads the third arm way above the designed limits.
Could have been a dodgy part but doesn't look like there is actually much material on the backside of it. A plough or similar on the linkage would be loading it the opposite direction, in looks much thicker in that direction.
Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: 20-222 6x47 rem, 250

Post by Camel »

Would probably last a lot longer if it was made out of proper steel, not that cast shit the Chinese have probably put in there.