Rain

Everything that is outdoors and not hunting or shooting. Talk about fishing, 4wd, archery, camping, motorbike riding etc etc.
Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: 20-222 6x47 rem, 250

Rain

Post by Camel »

Its been falling on the roof since around 7 last night, not heavy just a nice gentle steady fall. Don't know how much we have had at the moment, but it sure is welcome. Im hoping it keeps going for the next couple of days and we end up with three or four inches, we really need it. The ground should be still warm enough to get some pasture growth going before winter really sets in. My bunnies should be out there doing their thing so maybe there will be enough to start shooting again in the spring.
There will be a few of the cotton growers who will be cursing as they have started to pick their crops this week, the horse people will be pissed off as this weekend is the usual weekend that we have our annual race day, after it got cancelled due to rain last year, they were hoping for a good day tomorrow, but at the moment things are not looking good for them.

Been any rain in other districts ??
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: N/A

Re: Rain

Post by 220 »

Steady rain started here over night.
Good falls on Wed night when I was coming back from Barraba, very heavy storm near Cudal and the road was wet from around Molong right through to Young, had even had a shower at home when I got back
LoneRider
50 BMG
Favourite Cartridge: 308

Post by LoneRider »

been none here for ages.
big cracks in the ground,most dams around the district are empty. :(
daisy
.308 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 7-08

Post by daisy »

Nothing here, suppose to start today
bigfellascott
7mm Rem Mag
Favourite Cartridge: 22.250

Post by bigfellascott »

Yep its been raining here on and off since last night, snowed last week also. :D
Waldo
.270 Winchester

Post by Waldo »

A little here and hopefully some more to follow, chilled off a little today too which is nice.
Jacko9
.204 Ruger
Favourite Cartridge: 6x45

Post by Jacko9 »

We've had about 9 mm, It's pissing me off, I can't harvest my rice which has a nett worth of $702,000 sitting in the paddock, If I get too much rain, it will devalue the crop :roll: But it is good for our stock operation.
Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter

Post by Camel »

Jacko9 wrote:We've had about 9 mm, It's pissing me off, I can't harvest my rice which has a nett worth of $702,000 sitting in the paddock, If I get too much rain, it will devalue the crop :roll: But it is good for our stock operation.

Fucken typical whinging bloody farmer. :twisted: :roll:

You blokes got much cotton in this year ?? Dunno what sort of amount went in up here, but did notice yellow round modules popping up like mushrooms.
Jacko9
.204 Ruger
Favourite Cartridge: 6x45

Post by Jacko9 »

Camel wrote:
Jacko9 wrote:We've had about 9 mm, It's pissing me off, I can't harvest my rice which has a nett worth of $702,000 sitting in the paddock, If I get too much rain, it will devalue the crop :roll: But it is good for our stock operation.

Fucken typical whinging bloody farmer. :twisted: :roll:

You blokes got much cotton in this year ?? Dunno what sort of amount went in up here, but did notice yellow round modules popping up like mushrooms.
Nah mate, not a heap, focused on rice this year, as it makes us more money per megalitre of water, which is the all important figure! You fellas have a fair bit in, I was speaking to a bloke who used to get his cotton ginned in Hillston. The cotton growers are still a few weeks off harvest here, a later growing season.
Waldo
.270 Winchester

Post by Waldo »

Plenty of rain here overnight, was planing on hunting this morning but still a bit more to come. NO, I'm not scared of the rain just never had any luck when its been raining, plus walking around contouring when it's wet and so slippery just sucks on the steeper stuff.

So I'll sit it out and wait a bit and see what happens, or head out tomorrow instead.

No great loss I've had some good success the day after good rains, so it may get interesting :?:
Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter

Post by Camel »

We ended up with 15mm for the 24 hours yesterday, cleared off a bit in the afternoon, but came back and kept light rain going most of the night. The Hillston annual race day has been cancelled for the second year in a row. Oh well, I spose farming and grazing brings more money into the district than a couple of horse races. The youngest daughter is a bit pissed off as she went and did the usual female thing, spent a heap of her money on an outfit to wear. So me being a practical sort of bloke said, it will be ok to wear next year, :shock: :shock: boy o boy was that the wrong answer. :lol: :lol: Strange cattle these women things.

Waldo, at least it will be quiet when your poking around. Good luck mate.

Jacko, yeah I can see your point about the biggest return, there is another mob up here who wont be too pleased with the rain, the almond farm is just about finished with their harvest, guess they will be pulled up for a few days as well.
Waldo
.270 Winchester

Post by Waldo »

Camel wrote: So me being a practical sort of bloke said, it will be ok to wear next year, :shock: :shock: boy o boy was that the wrong answer. :lol: :lol: Strange cattle these women things.
Gee, for a bloke who should have gained some wisdom over his years you should know better :lol:
Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter

Post by Camel »

Yeah I know mate, was kinda just joking and having a bit of a shit stir, but I guess its no good trying to do that with teenage sheilas about something as important as what to wear to race day. :lol:
The Raven
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: .270 Win

Post by The Raven »

Camel wrote:Its been falling on the roof since around 7 last night, not heavy just a nice gentle steady fall. Don't know how much we have had at the moment, but it sure is welcome. Im hoping it keeps going for the next couple of days and we end up with three or four inches, we really need it. The ground should be still warm enough to get some pasture growth going before winter really sets in. My bunnies should be out there doing their thing so maybe there will be enough to start shooting again in the spring.
There will be a few of the cotton growers who will be cursing as they have started to pick their crops this week, the horse people will be pissed off as this weekend is the usual weekend that we have our annual race day, after it got cancelled due to rain last year, they were hoping for a good day tomorrow, but at the moment things are not looking good for them.

Been any rain in other districts ??
You realise we have a weather bureau now and the've been talking about the rain front from moving down the country all week. :shock:

Are you really in NSW, because the rain front made it to Vic well before 7pm (started around 2pm):?: So if you got rain at 7 you must be well south of Melbourne...or have some very strange weather patterns.

Enquiring minds want to know :wink:
Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter

Post by Camel »

Raven, I don't think the weather bureau would know if their arse was on fire, even if they lit the match.
Everything these days seems to be "Computer Predictions", and we all know how accurate that is. :roll: As the saying goes, computers are just like women, you only get out of them, what you punch in. :twisted:

P.S. am approx. 7 hours north of you and a bit to the west. :D