Missathon

Everything that is outdoors and not hunting or shooting. Talk about fishing, 4wd, archery, camping, motorbike riding etc etc.
Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: 20-222 6x47 rem, 250

Missathon

Post by Camel »

Thought Id put it in this section, as it hardly gets used.

Made the 6 hour trip to the Missathon this year, having missed the last two due to work and just plain forgetting about last year until it was too late, there was no way that I would miss out this year.
I arrived around 3pm on Friday afternoon, to find a nearly deserted camp, but while unpacking my gear and setting up a couple of other turned up, after having been out doing good things with guns.
I was really looking forward to having a few days away, just mainly having a camp out, not really wanting to do too much shooting as I can do plenty of that all the time, I know its blasphemy to say it, but I do get bored with shooting sometimes.
Annie Oakley presented me with a very nice version of her damper, thanks, it was too good to share.
A few highlights, other than meeting you mob, were the camp fires at night and everyone sitting around jabbering on just about any topic. Having a bit of a go at the clay targets, Ive only had about 10 shots at those buggers before and that was years ago, thanks Chappo and Tyler.
Having a few shots with the Buffalo Calf, he had a ball up there shooting my not so well drawn rabbit head targets. Then up to the top of the ridge to have another crack at the gongs, I had a go with the Gnome's 338/378 on the Saturday afternoon, didn't get the gong then, though not through lack of trying, just couldn't get the bloody thing.
Then of course there was Glen's big fella, all I can say is :shock: wow, I had a crack at the gong with it as well, still couldn't get it, but came very close a couple of shots.
Had a few goes at getting a hit with my 20/222 and 7-08, could hardly see the drop of shot with the little 20, and got close with the 7mm, Ah well next year Im determined to get the bloody thing.
Sean's damper was a ripper on Saturday night as was Jason's goat curry on Friday night, went well with my T-bone, Cec cooked up a very nice venison stroganoff, which was very nice indeed.
The whole weekend was just what I needed to recharge the batteries after having a fairly busy spring this year.
Thankyou to everyone for making what was a very successful and wonderful weekend and Ill catch up with as many of you as can make it to the next one. Special thanks to Andrew, You did a great job of organising it mate.
Mark

P.s. Thanks to Keith for bringing down my bag of stuff and the Abelas bags.
kjd
Site Admin
Favourite Cartridge: 223Rem

Re: Missathon

Post by kjd »

Great write up mate.

It is good that you got to recharge! Your goat chops were nice as well!

It was great to finally meet you mate and no problems on bringing the gear down it is just too easy spending your hard earned!