My dvd

Everything that is outdoors and not hunting or shooting. Talk about fishing, 4wd, archery, camping, motorbike riding etc etc.
Brad Y
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: N/A

My dvd

Post by Brad Y »

A mate just did this up for me, i put it up on youtube but the DVD quality is so much better....

Very happy with it thats for sure

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqG5p6KCbgA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ogre6br
300 Win Mag
Favourite Cartridge: 6.5x55 or 6BR

Re: My dvd

Post by ogre6br »

nice
can you tell us your boat setup??
p

you should some of the weird shiot you video has been considered related to

P
1kshot
.204 Ruger

Post by 1kshot »

Well done Brad that’s a great little clip and you obviously enjoy your fishing and know your stuff :wink:

All the best
John
Archer

Post by Archer »

Nice one mate......good to watch.

Well done. 8)
kjd
Site Admin
Favourite Cartridge: 223Rem

Post by kjd »

Good on ya Brad.

You are certainly an accomplished fisherman! I wish I could be as half as good as you at catching Bream. When you're in NSW next give me a holler!

So is this a trailer for a full length DVD??

Great editing of the footage too btw.
stinkitup
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 6.5x55

Post by stinkitup »

Thats some awesome stuff, Bream have always been that little bit elusive over the years for us.

Hope old mate that left a comment on you tube is a mate :lol: or maybe you just whipped his arse!
Brad Y
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by Brad Y »

Hey guys cheers

Yeh I know scott he used to live here in southern WA but has defected to ballina NSW. I think he runs a BP around there somewhere and its pretty famous for good burgers.

Ive been doing bream comps for a few years and i consider myself skilled at it, but there are other guys here in WA that are unreal fishos. Ive done the aus grand final in ballina a few years ago and finished 36th after the boat on day one died. Not too bad. I just cant get my head around the yellowfin bream tho, they are shy as hell and tricky to tempt. Give me a southern black bream anyday.

Vid is done with final cut express on mac. Its actually a DVD that i plan to send out to different companys that make the gear I use to seek sponsorship for my tournaments. In return we also are about to start doing some serious filming for actual fishing DVD's and i will get to include sponsors and thier fishing gear in the DVD.

My boat is a US made tracker pro team 175TX 06 model with 50hp merc. I run a 55lb thrust cable steer minn kota electric motor on the front. It does 30 knots flat out on the merc. Not the fastest rig around but its stable, its reliable and best of all with the aussie conditions, the ally holds up better when have to fish shallow water and bump into rocks or logs on onto sandbars. US bass boats have been flavour of the month with bream fishing in the last few years, only the weak dollar is affecting that at the moment. Mind you alot of the newer bay boats are seeing more interest as people can use them for out in the ocean a bit more.

Ive also taken this boat a long way out in the ocean and caught some huge fish on it too. Its been very good to me.
bimbo
300 Win Mag
Favourite Cartridge: 17HH

Post by bimbo »

Mate great clip there. as someone who has just started to fish for bream with plastics i have a new found respect for guys who fish in comps for them - it is hard work i tell ya well i make hard work of it anyway.

If you need any of us to preview any dvd's i'm sure you could find a few takers :)
Brad Y
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by Brad Y »

Yeah mate when i started out i used hard body lures only and my results werent that good, as soon as i got onto plastics i havent looked back. They are very consistent fish catchers when they are in one of their timid and frustrating moods. Just remember when they get picky, downsize your plastic, jig and leader and try to finnesse them. Berkley gulps are an easy way to success in plastics but my personal fav are little 2" grubs like the snapbacks or the squidgy critters. Fish dont grab them and run with them like a "bait" which is more what the gulps are. They strike and when you feel the tap, you have to be extremely quick and strike the hook into them. If I can suggest a couple of things, get a rod in the 6'6 range as its not too long and not too short. Make sure its got a fast taper and is fairly stiff. It helps in setting the hooks and usually sensitivity is better out of them. Also as light a rod as possible is handy too. Not just in kg rating but actual rod weight. My nitro vapour rods in 6'6 weigh under 70g and are very sensitive. 1-3kg for bream plastics fishing is all you will ever need. 2-4kg rods dont have the finesse about them. Reels is pretty much a daiwa and shimano race, i was always a fan of daiwa reels but have recently switched to the new model shimano sustains and twinpowers. Very smooth bits of kit. Just remember a reel is there for you to store the line and wind a fish in with the aid of the drag. Spending $400 on a reel and $100 on a rod is a waste of money. Your better off getting a $400 rod that is light, sensitive, fast taper, stiff etc. The rod does most of the work so its worth spending extra getting it right.

If you want to get into fishing hard body lures, try a rod with a little more give ie a mod fast or mod taper and 1-3 or 2-4kg doesnt really matter. Something not quite as stiff will be more forgiving when a big bream really smacks your lure mid retrieve. Ive actually broken a rods before when a horse smashed my lure and dove back for a big log. The initial force generated bent it and the rod broke about 15cm from the tip.