Diesel - Which do you use which do you refuse to?

Everything that is outdoors and not hunting or shooting. Talk about fishing, 4wd, archery, camping, motorbike riding etc etc.
trevort
Spud Gun
Favourite Cartridge: Tater

Re: Diesel - Which do you use which do you refuse to?

Post by trevort »

So my Colorado just had its first service and I told the mechanic (a friend) thet no matter what the service book says could he replace the fuel filter even if it doesnt look like it needs it. Cos that's what my internet friends say.

Apparently it has two fuel filters. Thats gotta be a good thing doesnt it? :D
DSD
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: N/A

Post by DSD »

When you mentioned your internet friends, did he look at you strange?
old24
Favourite Cartridge: .17 hmr

Post by old24 »

Have purchased all main brands and not noticed any effects of dirty fuel, at home I fill up at the same servo – Shell Coles, when travelling tend to use well known brands Shell BP Caltex. Not being a mechanic I get the vehicles serviced regularly, so never really get to see the fuel filters in either the BT-50 3.2 lt or Ranger 2.2 lt
As to performance there are many variables to consider like weather, road surface, traffic conditions and driver habits/ mood. When these are all similar I can then compare but on average I just fill up, check how many Km to the litre and if its 10 km or better I’m happy and move on if it’s less I start going over in my head where and what have I done - towed trailers, 4x4 driving or high speed driving – it’s just something I do.
MISSED
Favourite Cartridge: 20 PPC

Post by MISSED »

old24 wrote:Have purchased all main brands and not noticed any effects of dirty fuel, at home I fill up at the same servo – Shell Coles, when travelling tend to use well known brands Shell BP Caltex. Not being a mechanic I get the vehicles serviced regularly, so never really get to see the fuel filters in either the BT-50 3.2 lt or Ranger 2.2 lt
As to performance there are many variables to consider like weather, road surface, traffic conditions and driver habits/ mood. When these are all similar I can then compare but on average I just fill up, check how many Km to the litre and if its 10 km or better I’m happy and move on if it’s less I start going over in my head where and what have I done - towed trailers, 4x4 driving or high speed driving – it’s just something I do.

Amen.