K nife

Gunsmithing & DIY forum for everyone. Enjoy!
Post your projects, questions and advice here.
MISSED
Favourite Cartridge: 20 PPC

Re: K nife

Post by MISSED »

Thanks Ted I appreciate your comment.

I was shown how to make the Damascus by a fellow member and forged it in to shape at the same time.

It took me a while to heat treat it and finish it, bloody hard on files and me :roll: ,

Going to go back soon to make a couple of Nekker Knives as well as a Hunting knife.
deermasterhunter
7mm08 Rem
Favourite Cartridge: 358ME

Post by deermasterhunter »

MISSED wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:45 am Thanks Ted I appreciate your comment.

I was shown how to make the Damascus by a fellow member and forged it in to shape at the same time.

It took me a while to heat treat it and finish it, bloody hard on files and me :roll: ,

Going to go back soon to make a couple of Nekker Knives as well as a Hunting knife.
You did a great job on the Damascus, I love the stuff and made it a couple of times, but hate playing with borax with only one eye. The way it splatters I want to keep the other one safe. I now buy my Damascus. Keep up the great work, its always good to see someone else making knives and stuff. :D
Rabbitz
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 222

Post by Rabbitz »

Is it an optical delusion or does the grain on each side of the knife run perpendicular to each other?
Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: 20-222 6x47 rem, 250

Post by Camel »

Rabbitz wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:46 pm Is it an optical delusion or does the grain on each side of the knife run perpendicular to each other?
No Rabz, that is just you being cross eyed. :lol: