Time in the shed

Gunsmithing & DIY forum for everyone. Enjoy!
Post your projects, questions and advice here.
B4408
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 20VT

Re: Time in the shed

Post by B4408 »

Camel wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:43 pm
barryb wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:34 pm Excellent stuff Bruce. Whoever the bloke is who owns that nice piece of gear should buy you a drink one day.
I have heard Bruce mention the words Chivas Regal on occasions. :lol: :lol:
Nice work Bruce
No Chivas here, but Kickin started me on some better quality Jim Beam. :D
The Raven wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:15 pm
Dunderi wrote:That right there, is beautiful. Image

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
That’s exactly what I thought when I saw that pic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Classic style that always looks good. Bit of checkering would finish it. :D

Thanks for the kind comments guys. It was a good to do some work in the shed of an arvo.

Bruce
kjd
Site Admin
Favourite Cartridge: 223Rem

Post by kjd »

Lovely! Kills me that Hatchers won’t do a stock for my Pro Hunter!
Ned Kelly
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 6PPC

Post by Ned Kelly »

Very nice Bruce excellent work,
Cheers Ned
HATCH
Favourite Cartridge: 22/250AI

Post by HATCH »

Branxhunter wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:43 pm A Cam Hatcher stock? What is it gonna go onto?

Marcus
Yeah looks like one of my Slee patterns eh Marcus -but Im pretty sure I didn’t machine that one mate? Coukd be though as there’s been a shit ton of stocks go out the door and they sometimes drop off from the memory! One of Gordons maybe before I purchased them off him or even one Geoff did before he passed perhaps? It’s possible aswell that some sly worm has ripped one of a Slees patterns off out of sight of the fellas who are supposed to have the legitimate sole access to them !
kjd wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:35 pm Lovely! Kills me that Hatchers won’t do a stock for my Pro Hunter!
Yeah it’s a shame mate that a reliable and economical source for replacement trigger guards can’t be sourced as yet, as I have a bunch of blokes after one. ( The Steyrs have a moulded integral trigger guard that would need replacing when replacing the stock in a similar way to the composite stocked Lithgow) Winchester Australia wanted way too much for the Steyr Classic gird kits which would be perfect I beleive. I’m sure I would’ve conveyed that Message to you when you enquires about one? Apologies if there was any confusion.

Oh, nice stock mate too by the way 👍

Cheers,
Cameron Hatcher
kjd
Site Admin
Favourite Cartridge: 223Rem

Post by kjd »

HATCH wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:28 am
Branxhunter wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:43 pm A Cam Hatcher stock? What is it gonna go onto?

Marcus
Yeah looks like one of my Slee patterns eh Marcus -but Im pretty sure I didn’t machine that one mate? Coukd be though as there’s been a shit ton of stocks go out the door and they sometimes drop off from the memory! One of Gordons maybe before I purchased them off him or even one Geoff did before he passed perhaps? It’s possible aswell that some sly worm has ripped one of a Slees patterns off out of sight of the fellas who are supposed to have the legitimate sole access to them !
kjd wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:35 pm Lovely! Kills me that Hatchers won’t do a stock for my Pro Hunter!
Yeah it’s a shame mate that a reliable and economical source for replacement trigger guards can’t be sourced as yet, as I have a bunch of blokes after one. ( The Steyrs have a moulded integral trigger guard that would need replacing when replacing the stock in a similar way to the composite stocked Lithgow) Winchester Australia wanted way too much for the Steyr Classic gird kits which would be perfect I beleive. I’m sure I would’ve conveyed that Message to you when you enquires about one? Apologies if there was any confusion.

Oh, nice stock mate too by the way 👍

Cheers,
Cameron Hatcher
Hi Cameron,

Sorry mate, I didn’t mean for it to read as a slight on your company just sucks I can’t buy a stock from you guys. I mean I could fabricobble a guard with a mate but yes, it is unfortunate that you can’t make them due to the trigger guard issue.

Did your customer have any luck in getting some guards made?
dashooter
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: Wby Magnum's :)

Post by dashooter »

kjd wrote:
HATCH wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:28 am

Marcus

Oh, nice stock mate too by the way Image

Cheers,
Cameron Hatcher
Hi Cameron,

Sorry mate, I didn’t mean for it to read as a slight on your company just sucks I can’t buy a stock from you guys. I mean I could fabricobble a guard with a mate but yes, it is unfortunate that you can’t make them due to the trigger guard issue.

Did your customer have any luck in getting some guards made?
Boyd’s supply a trigger guard with their stock for the steyr Pro Hunter. Might be worthwhile shooting them an email, maybe they could sell you one or put you onto their supplier.

dashooter
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by dashooter »

B4408 wrote:Marcus I don't know who provided the part finished blank. Amazing what some sanding and rubbing brings out. CZ527 with single shot follower. Didn't have a butt plate so made one up to suit.
Took it for a test shot this arvo. Very nice.
It's getting picked up tomorrow.

BruceImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Hi Bruce,
Interested in how you made that buttplate. Will need to do something similar in the near future for a Zastava I’m putting together using one of Hatchers stocks.
Cheers,
Rob

fenring

Post by fenring »

Real nice!
kickinback
50 BMG
Favourite Cartridge: 260 Rem

Post by kickinback »

dashooter wrote:
B4408 wrote:Marcus I don't know who provided the part finished blank. Amazing what some sanding and rubbing brings out. CZ527 with single shot follower. Didn't have a butt plate so made one up to suit.

Hi Bruce,
Interested in how you made that buttplate. Will need to do something similar in the near future for a Zastava I’m putting together using one of Hatchers stocks.
Cheers,
Rob

Looks like it’s 3D printed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
dashooter
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by dashooter »

kickinback wrote:
dashooter wrote:

Hi Bruce,
Cheers,
Rob

That’s what I was thinking.

Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: 20-222 6x47 rem, 250

Post by Camel »

kickinback wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:39 am
dashooter wrote:

Hi Bruce,
Cheers,
Rob

Just wait till the media hear about 3D printing gun parts. :lol: :lol:
dashooter
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by dashooter »

Camel wrote:
kickinback wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:39 am
dashooter wrote:

Hi Bruce,
Cheers,
Rob

Just wait till the media hear about 3D printing gun parts. :lol: :lol:
Shhhh you. Lol

B4408
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 20VT

Post by B4408 »

Yep, 3D printed.
Ok if you don't need a soft pad or just harden up a bit :lol: :lol:

Bruce
dashooter
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by dashooter »

B4408 wrote:Yep, 3D printed.

Bruce
Only a .22 Hornet so not exactly a shoulder killer. Lol
Do you have a 3D printer or is it someone you know?
Have tried to find an original butt plate but they don’t seem to be an option so any aftermarket option is now on the table. I don’t think a thong will do it justice. Lol

Branxhunter
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: .20-222

Post by Branxhunter »

dashooter wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:30 pm
B4408 wrote:Yep, 3D printed.

Bruce
Only a .22 Hornet so not exactly a shoulder killer. Lol
Do you have a 3D printer or is it someone you know?
Have tried to find an original butt plate but they don’t seem to be an option so any aftermarket option is now on the table. I don’t think a thong will do it justice. Lol

Marcus

For a Zastava a thong would be quite upmarket and sophisticated. Not something to do to a Hatchers stink though :lol: