Any gunsmiths looking for work?

Gunsmithing & DIY forum for everyone. Enjoy!
Post your projects, questions and advice here.
The Raven
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: .270 Win

Any gunsmiths looking for work?

Post by The Raven »

Position Available - Gunsmith
Are you Australia's Best Gunsmith?
NIOA is Australasia’s leading supplier of firearms, ammunition and related products, servicing the commercial, law enforcement and military markets. We are seeking a qualified and experienced person to join our busy team in Brisbane and establish a new capability for the company.

https://www.nioa.com.au/news/view/19/po ... e-gunsmith
kickinback
50 BMG
Favourite Cartridge: 260 Rem

Re: Any gunsmiths looking for work?

Post by kickinback »

According to their video, the existing gunsmith can't even get a T3 into its stock.

The standard won't need to be to high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
lee_enfield223
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: 223rem

Post by lee_enfield223 »

funny thing you are talking about a tikka t3 !!!!!! a guy at malabar range in sydney bought out a tikka T3 in 308win in their tactical model and he bought it over to show me, he said it's hard to remove the bolt ?????? well I looked at it and noticed that the action was not sitting in the stock properly???? Hmmmm this was a brand new rifle!!!! well I pulled it apart and the steel recoil lug thats molded into the stock was about 2mm forward of where it should have been, don't get me wrong they are a good rifle, but I think someone here in ozzie land stuffed with it ,be it at the importer or shop ,,, please note again that I am in no way putting these rifles down, only stating what I saw.
kickinback
50 BMG
Favourite Cartridge: 260 Rem

Post by kickinback »

If your technique is incorrect when fitting the the action to the stock it can be difficult.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
lee_enfield223
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: 223rem

Post by lee_enfield223 »

ha ha yes I like that comment !!!!! I should of taken a few pics and posted them, but I guess by now it's on it's way back to the importer and someones backside is getting kicked