I hate sales

Gunsmithing & DIY forum for everyone. Enjoy!
Post your projects, questions and advice here.
Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: 20-222 6x47 rem, 250

I hate sales

Post by Camel »

but love self funded Christmas pressies.

Saw a post on AHN yesterday evening from one of our forum members Cameron Hatcher (Hatch) selling off some of his excess stocks, I was fighting the good fight, resisting all his beautiful temptations, rejecting the cunningly baited hooks like that elusive trophy sized brown trout, but then I got to offering number 15 in his post.

I ask you all honestly, how the bloody hell can one be expected to ignore something like this for a Brno Model 2 restocking plan.
BM2 (Large).JPG
BM22 (Large).JPG
I will admit that I weakened enough to swallow the whole bait, hook, line and sinker.

Andy-roo, there may be some more rubbing on a new woody for you to do, but I may do it myself. I hope I can do justice to this nice looking bit of kindling.

I hope this prompts him to put some of his stuff up for sale on here. :D
MISSED
Favourite Cartridge: 20 PPC

Re: I hate sales

Post by MISSED »

You have a serious problem

Cameron knows my address :wink:
trevort
Spud Gun
Favourite Cartridge: Tater

Post by trevort »

that's definitely worthy of a good rub
mick_762
50 BMG
Favourite Cartridge: 308 Norma

Post by mick_762 »

Bloody nice stick mate, i must admit that i saw a couple there that i would like.

Just a pity Hatch doesnt advertise his wares here for those that dont like/aren't members of AHN.
Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: 20-222 6x47 rem, 250

Post by Camel »

mick_762 wrote:Bloody nice stick mate, i must admit that i saw a couple there that i would like.

Just a pity Hatch doesnt advertise his wares here for those that dont like/aren't members of AHN.

Hatch just feels a little uncomfortable advertising here as he isn't a sponsor, worried if it might get some noses out of joint, we did exchange a couple of pm yesterday about it, I told him that I reckon there would be more positive than negative, but I spose its up to him really. :D
mick_762
50 BMG
Favourite Cartridge: 308 Norma

Post by mick_762 »

Camel wrote: Hatch just feels a little uncomfortable advertising here as he isn't a sponsor.
Quite an acceptable reason, with a simple solution.
I do acknowledge though, that a small business has to be very cognisant of its advertising dollars.
trevort
Spud Gun

Post by trevort »

There are no sponsors here. A debate had with Keith some years ago that could perhaps be revisited

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DSD
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: N/A

Post by DSD »

I thought all you blokes with orange names were sponsors?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Nope went and read the cover page, you are supporters.
HATCH
Favourite Cartridge: 22/250AI

Post by HATCH »

Hi Fellas, firstly I'm glad you like the stock Camel, It should come up pretty nice after a good rub thats for sure! I remember reading sometime ago something about commercial advertising here and if members wished to do it then they had to have 50 posts up & contributing to the forum regularly or something along those lines. Thats fair enough & I do respect those rules, the fact is that I rarely contribute here as I simply dont have the time! Any spare time I do have after getting out for a hunt is spent with the Misso & kids or during the summer,on the cricket field! I don't advertise in many places...SSAA Mag, AHN, Used guns, a selection of Gunshops & a few RIfle Clubs but it all costs money I guess. Cheers for the support anyway :)
Branxhunter
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: .20-222

Post by Branxhunter »

G'day Cameron, good to see you are here on AV, even if you are just lurking most of the time!

Marcus
MISSED
Favourite Cartridge: 20 PPC

Post by MISSED »

Hatch I dare say 90% of the people on this forum know who you are and what you do.
Taking this into account I am sure any input from you would be greatly appreciated.
Keep up the great work at work and at home.
trevort
Spud Gun

Post by trevort »

MISSED wrote:Hatch I dare say 90% of the people on this forum know who you are and what you do.
Taking this into account I am sure any input from you would be greatly appreciated.
Keep up the great work at work and at home.

what he said. Just join in
Branxhunter
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: .20-222

Post by Branxhunter »

Hey Cameron, did you get that Sako 75 varmint profile stock pattern done with the L461 inlet? There could be a few members here who would be interested in how it looks.

Marcus
roadkill61
.22 WMR
Favourite Cartridge: 20br

Post by roadkill61 »

I would definatley be interested in the 75 varmint/L491
HATCH
Favourite Cartridge: 22/250AI

Post by HATCH »

Branxhunter wrote:Hey Cameron, did you get that Sako 75 varmint profile stock pattern done with the L461 inlet? There could be a few members here who would be interested in how it looks.

Marcus

Hey Marcus, no not yet mate! I have it inletted for the Sako 75 and the Tikka T3 so far but not the L461 yet. I definitely will though (I have a mint L461 action here that is screaming at me to be turned into a 20 Vartarg which will wear one of these stocks), but other new patterns got in the road (mainly the Howa Mini TH, & a few other Benchrest patterns) and hence the work they generated put me even further behind :roll: It is similar-ish to a Sako 75 - similar lines but a wider forend & higher comb. I will have two of them for T3's on Used guns by the end of the week and will make a note to put the pics up here for anyonje interested)

Cheers,
Cameron