Day off

Gunsmithing & DIY forum for everyone. Enjoy!
Post your projects, questions and advice here.
Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: 20-222 6x47 rem, 250

Day off

Post by Camel »

Have finally got to have a day off, spent it in the shed actually doing something that I want to do, nice for a change.

First off, a bloke from Yass gave me around 170 once fired winny 222 cases for forming down to 20/222, put them in the tumbler for around 10 hours yesterday, they were pretty dull and if I remember correctly he told me they were around 20 years old, gave them a wash in Birchwood/casey case cleaning liquid, dried them then knocked the primers out and necked them to 204 at the same time, tumbled them for another 5 hours today, emptied out the tumbling media and I reckon they came up pretty good. :D

Had a bit of a text message to and fro from the foresaid bloke, bit of shit chucked either way, so I just thought Id chuck a bit round here as well. :lol:

I also got to do some work on the bedding of the 20/222, its now bedded into the stock with Devcon liquid steel, trimmed up a couple of bits on the inlet that was sitting a little too high. Now to try and find the time to do some stock finishing, mount the scope and then get to doing some load development work.

Thats a much better way to spend the day than working. Man flu is also developing, thanks Canberra for the bloody cold weather. :evil:
Attachments
012 (Medium).JPG
011 (Medium).JPG
009 (Medium).JPG
MISSED
Favourite Cartridge: 20 PPC

Re: Day off

Post by MISSED »

He must be a top bloke to give you those cases Camel

Pity he did not give you those Norma cases :wink:

Mate a Doc once told me a day of was good for the soul.

But I think you would need a fortnight of :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

By the way you now owe me a keyboard.

I spat my Milo all over it after seeing your tumbler pic
Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter

Post by Camel »

Good, it got the desired result then. :lol: :lol:
When I was cleaning the shit out of the flash holes, found some of them were too small for the old decapping rod I use for doing that. Around 50 or so cases very small flash holes, might have to look into reaming them out to uniform size. Funny as they were all WW cases, maybe they changed gear somewhere along the line.

Ive often been told that I dont have a soul. :twisted:
Glenn
375 Cheytac
Favourite Cartridge: 300WM

Post by Glenn »

How do those cases chamber Camel?
They have a false shoulder!

They are shiney but after that long in a tumbler a peice of coal would turn into a diamond.

Glenn
Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter

Post by Camel »

Glenn wrote:How do those cases chamber Camel?
They have a false shoulder!

They are shiney but after that long in a tumbler a peice of coal would turn into a diamond.

Glenn
Havent tried them yet mate, but did try one that I did as a dummy a few days ago, it was a nice tight fit. I think I might run them through my Redding bush die and get the false shoulder down a bit more.
Glenn
375 Cheytac
Favourite Cartridge: 300WM

Post by Glenn »

You need a crush fit to form them properly!
I cut some off the bottom of my dies so they will go down far enough.

Glenn