Accurizing a centerfire rifle

Gunsmithing & DIY forum for everyone. Enjoy!
Post your projects, questions and advice here.
DSD
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: N/A

Re: Accurizing a centerfire rifle

Post by DSD »

But you can tune the rifle to the ammo and it does show what indexing the barrel can do
Brad Y
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by Brad Y »

Found a bedding issue with one of my target rifles yesterday. I had no reason to doubt it until I had a new barrel installed recently. Relieved it on the mill today and while my 5 month old son had a sleep and mummy and 3yr old daughter went into town, I sat down at the kitchen table and mixed up a batch of devcon and re bedded it. One thing I hate about bedding is all I want to do is crack it open to see if there are any air bubbles.... tomorrow morning it will be ok to take a look. If it looks ok I might chuck a pic up.
Gnome
.308 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 375 Cheytac

Post by Gnome »

Brad Y wrote:Found a bedding issue with one of my target rifles yesterday. I had no reason to doubt it until I had a new barrel installed recently. Relieved it on the mill today and while my 5 month old son had a sleep and mummy and 3yr old daughter went into town, I sat down at the kitchen table and mixed up a batch of devcon and re bedded it. One thing I hate about bedding is all I want to do is crack it open to see if there are any air bubbles.... tomorrow morning it will be ok to take a look. If it looks ok I might chuck a pic up.
How did the bedding go? Any pics?
Brad Y
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by Brad Y »

Just got back from overseas. Will check my phone when I get back to work tomorrow. If theres one it will be on there. But it went well. Shot a 59.6X at 600m with it the few days after it was re bedded around the recoil lug. The lost shot went over the top in a condition change. Nobody shot a possible that day either which was encouraging. Just got a new magnetospeed to check what its doing with 30+gr of RL15 and the 105gr JLKs.