Zastava extraction claw

Gunsmithing & DIY forum for everyone. Enjoy!
Post your projects, questions and advice here.
Flip
.243 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 20 VT

Zastava extraction claw

Post by Flip »

From memory there are a couple of well versed people with the Zastava actions here.

My question is has any one had trouble with Zastava extraction claws. My mates 20 Vartarg has started being a real bugger and not extracting fired cases reliably. he's had it looked and and worked on now and it seems better but I just want to check the brains trust to see if there is any further wisdom to be had.

Cheers.
Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: 20-222 6x47 rem, 250

Re: Zastava extraction claw

Post by Camel »

Haven't had any problem from the three I have, and the original one, 20/222 is from back in the 80's when they marketed them as Inter Arms Mini Mauser. Has he checked the angle on the underneath side of the claw ? Maybe a soft extractor that could have worn ? Check that there isn't gunk under the extractor in the groove on the bolt body. That's about all I can think of at the moment. :D
Flip
.243 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 20 VT

Post by Flip »

Cheers Camel will do,

The under side angle most certainly looks a bit wonky compared to my Sako one. the bloke he took it to has given it a bit of a tidy up apparently.

The other problem I noticed is the whole claw assembly can be slid back and fourth in is slot.
Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: 20-222 6x47 rem, 250

Post by Camel »

Hmmm, that last bit doesn't sound very good at all I would be getting that problem looked at first, then seeing if it is the cause. If not, guess its back to the drawing board. :D