Bulk Order of Taipans SN 40g, 45g and/or 50g.

Discuss all aspects of Ammunition and Reloading here.
Gadge
.22 WMR
Favourite Cartridge: .270Win

Re: Bulk Order of Taipans SN 40g, 45g and/or 50g.

Post by Gadge »

G'day Trevor,
Still haven't gotten around to shooting groups with these, but I'll be running them through a Savage 24V .222/20ga combo, so I don't expect stellar accuracy from that. Minute-o'-fox will be plenty good enough.

I do have a few sets of AR2205 velocity/pressure test loads made up; aiming for 2500-2600fps for a quiet 'hobby farmed area' load. Basically duplicating K-Hornet/.218 Bee ballistics.

Just have to get around to running them over the Chrony; but I've been having a few mobility issues, that have much delayed doing so.

johno1 has been running a few test loads with these through his .221 Furball lately, and he says they're showing mucho promise - 3/4" 5 shotters @ 100m, and the pattern of the spread has decided him to send the rifle off to be bedded.
Gadge
.22 WMR
Favourite Cartridge: .270Win

Post by Gadge »

Malcolm has just updated his jacketed bullet availability list; those .224 50gr HP seconds are still cheap!

Just keep in mind his $250 min order, which these meet, when comparing the 100 pack prices.

https://www.bulletmaker.com/Bults/Jret.htm
johno1
7mm Rem Mag
Favourite Cartridge: 5mm rimfire

Post by johno1 »

They shot well for a first go around in sorting loads, I was using CFE BLK I really like this powder, the weird thing was the test using same powder and weight with the old Sako 50 grn soft points, a 6" vertical string never seen it before in anything ive shot. Going to get the rifle bedded just waiting on getting a Boyd's stock

Johno