tidbits

Discuss all aspects of Ammunition and Reloading here.
Brad Y
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: N/A

tidbits

Post by Brad Y »

Decided to part with $65 and get a box of the nosler custom brass for the 22-250 ackley when she gets back. Very shiny and good looking brass. I dont have a set of scales big enough to weigh the cases so i will belive them on them being same weight. Length wise they were all pretty much the same, the only thing I had to do was give them a run through my primer pocket uniformer and take a tiny bit more brass out, not much. The flash holes might have been deburred but they were smaller in diameter than my lyman flash hole deburr tool so they were all uniformed as well.

Anyway now i have some really nice flashy bits of brass to fireform load with. Hopefully they will last longer being the ackley shape.

Since I dont have a tumbler and there werent any in stock, I got a bottle of the birchwood casey brass wash as well.

Be interesting to see how they both go.
MISSED
Favourite Cartridge: 20 PPC

Re: tidbits

Post by MISSED »

Be interested to see how the case wash goes
jeffk
22-250 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 338WM

Post by jeffk »

That seems very cheap for Nosler brass - was it a box of 50?

Anyway, where did you get it?
Brad Y
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: N/A

Post by Brad Y »

Southwest firearms and gunsmithing here in busselton. Ive found them to be cheaper in alot of stuff compared to perth. Yep it was a box of 50. Its only $7 more for a 100 pack of remingtons but I wanted to see the quality of these cases.
jeffk
22-250 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 338WM

Post by jeffk »

Brad Y wrote:Southwest firearms and gunsmithing here in busselton. Ive found them to be cheaper in alot of stuff compared to perth. Yep it was a box of 50. Its only $7 more for a 100 pack of remingtons but I wanted to see the quality of these cases.
Thanks. At some point, I want to get down to Bussleton to dive the pier, so that sounds like a good time to go gun shopping too. :mrgreen:

Might also try that case wash in the ultrasonic cleaner, as I've never been too impressed with the vinegar solutions everyone goes on about, so have gone back to tumbling.