Fenring - remember these?

Discuss all aspects of Ammunition and Reloading here.
Con
.308 Winchester

Fenring - remember these?

Post by Con »

As a connoiseur of the 'classics' in rimfire ammunition, remember this stuff? :lol:

Found a few packets floating in the ammo locker, decided to use some up in the TX1 which has remained unshot since purchase.

Back in the day this was superb in my Sako P94S Varmint, budget ammunition that challenged some of the best. Always felt it was a shame it wasn't a HP design for hunting. Well the Tikka TX1 seems to share the taste in this stuff. No group photos, but plenty good enough for paper and was remarkably effective on the rabbits.

Made locally by Winchester Australia, its a shame that stuff like the above, the original PowerPoint and blue box Subsonics have gone the way of the dodo.
Cheers...
Con
fenring

Re: Fenring - remember these?

Post by fenring »

Yes mate, I remember the Diamond .22 ammo and shot of a brick or three of it, mostly the HVHP as I recall or maybe it was a subsonic? Was in a cack brown box with a somewhat puzzled looking rabbit on the box. :lol:

How are you liking the T1X?

A mate has one in .22 16" that I haven't shot, and also the .17HMR that I have shot.
Con
.308 Winchester

Post by Con »

At this point, out of all the rimfires I've owned, I'd rate this as highly as the Sako P94s Varmint. Reckon its even better as it's far more portable, and damn accurate.

I was hunting with a mate and his CZ 17HM2 ... I'd be tempted to do something crazy like find a 17HMR and shunt the barrel for 17HM2 and lop it short. The 16" jobbie in 17HM2 would sure ring lots of bells for me.
Cheers...
Con
fenring

Post by fenring »

Con
.308 Winchester

Post by Con »

fenring wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:05 am Fill your boots!

https://www.lothar-walther.com/new-2020 ... l-18?c=501
:D :D :D :D
Cheers...
Con