Factory 6mm Creedmoor

Discuss all aspects of Ammunition and Reloading here.
Seddo
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: Creedmoor

Factory 6mm Creedmoor

Post by Seddo »

You cant be unhappy with that!Image

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

mick_762
50 BMG
Favourite Cartridge: 308 Norma

Re: Factory 6mm Creedmoor

Post by mick_762 »

Seddo wrote:You cant be unhappy with that!
Bloody oath, that "used to be" a major part of reloading, getting repeatable consistent velocities.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

trevort
Spud Gun
Favourite Cartridge: Tater

Post by trevort »

Do the targets back up the chrony?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Seddo
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by Seddo »

trevort wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 1:46 pm Do the targets back up the chrony?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don't know, there aren't any ranges open for me to test them.

A mate shot's sub MOA at 900y with factory 6.5CM ammo so would think there is a good chance with this stuff.
Tony Z
.270 Winchester

Post by Tony Z »

Talking about shooting groups. A fellow i got to know recently told me about how well his 223 groups. I said have you got a pic? He sends me a pic of a hog with three blood spots i presume were entry holes. They were the best part of an 8 inch triangle at some unkown distance and most likely over exaggerated. He was chuffed. I'm still gobsmacked. A mobile fleshy target at unknown range is a rather odd way to express rifle accuracy. Each to their own.

Impressive result by the way Seddo. What barrel length?
trevort
Spud Gun
Favourite Cartridge: Tater

Post by trevort »

Tony Z wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 12:20 pm Talking about shooting groups. A fellow i got to know recently told me about how well his 223 groups. I said have you got a pic? He sends me a pic of a hog with three blood spots i presume were entry holes. They were the best part of an 8 inch triangle at some unkown distance and most likely over exaggerated. He was chuffed. I'm still gobsmacked. A mobile fleshy target at unknown range is a rather odd way to express rifle accuracy. Each to their own.

I thought you had an advanced FW filter Tony :wink:
Tony Z
.270 Winchester

Post by Tony Z »

trevort wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 12:47 pm
Tony Z wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 12:20 pm Talking about shooting groups. A fellow i got to know recently told me about how well his 223 groups. I said have you got a pic? He sends me a pic of a hog with three blood spots i presume were entry holes. They were the best part of an 8 inch triangle at some unkown distance and most likely over exaggerated. He was chuffed. I'm still gobsmacked. A mobile fleshy target at unknown range is a rather odd way to express rifle accuracy. Each to their own.

Trev there are multiple tiers of redneck up here. The zero and load (factory) test type that shoot off the side of the post, tree or car bonnet. And usually, and i am dead serious, believe the gunshop collimator is 100% accurate to an infinite distance.
Then there is the type that rock up to the range with gat, ammo, girlfriend with tatts, tits and teeth, not a cleaning rod to be seen, a hundred rounds of ammo, a shoot n see target, and he spends all day zeroing. This tier has the latest gear gleaned off the net, but wait for it, has a SMLE as a back up??? Back up what? Crowbar, fence picket, fire stoker? A fucken SMLE as a back up. FMD.

The next tier is the bipod, front rest and sand bag type that knows his shit, fires a half dozen rounds at multiple ranges and is ready to hunt bear.

I'm sure most ranges around Aus have these types. I have never before seen the load test on a live pig kind. A whole new level of redneck, or as you say, FW. Almost as good as the one macca had, turns up in a yowie suit. That too is another level of redneck.
Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: 20-222 6x47 rem, 250

Post by Camel »

Tony Z wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 4:24 pm

Trev there are multiple tiers of redneck up here. The zero and load (factory) test type that shoot off the side of the post, tree or car bonnet. And usually, and i am dead serious, believe the gunshop collimator is 100% accurate to an infinite distance.
Then there is the type that rock up to the range with gat, ammo, girlfriend with tatts, tits and teeth, not a cleaning rod to be seen, a hundred rounds of ammo, a shoot n see target, and he spends all day zeroing. This tier has the latest gear gleaned off the net, but wait for it, has a SMLE as a back up??? Back up what? Crowbar, fence picket, fire stoker? A fucken SMLE as a back up. FMD.

The next tier is the bipod, front rest and sand bag type that knows his shit, fires a half dozen rounds at multiple ranges and is ready to hunt bear.

I'm sure most ranges around Aus have these types. I have never before seen the load test on a live pig kind. A whole new level of redneck, or as you say, FW. Almost as good as the one macca had, turns up in a yowie suit. That too is another level of redneck.
You have some good'uns up there, must be a queensland thing, that wouldn't happen down here of course. :homer: :wink:

Tell ya one thing though, I would much sooner see old mate in his yowie suit than ever have to see Trevort in his mankini again :spew: :lol:
macca
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 308/6br

Post by macca »

Tony Z wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 4:24 pm

I had almost forgotten about that wanker wannabe sniper.
I believe that pig sighting in is called full use of reactive targets. :shock:
There are some very special people out there.

Back on topic the 6mm CM seems to be a be a performer.
Lets hope you can get to a range soon Seddo.
Cheers
The Raven
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: .270 Win

Post by The Raven »

I've seen the full camo type at my range, no yowie/ghillie suits yet.

Oh there was a guy with a drone checking out his targets during cease fires...
Seddo
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by Seddo »

The best one i have seen is a gino at little river. he had a blazer tactical rifle in 338 lap, with a big NF scope (with fuck all elevation) and a BORS. He was shooting at a target at 100m for half a day. After every cease fire he would fire 2-3 shots and then sit down and talk to his mate and drink coffee. Funny as hell.
The Raven
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: .270 Win

Post by The Raven »

I like the guys who bring all their non-shooting mates and girlfriends (who haven't paid to shoot and don't have hearing protection) and then give them no instruction as they spray lead all over the place (or get scope bit). Then they go have a coffee so he can then come back so he can impress them with hitting the target at 100m that they all missed. Don't ask about group sizes though...

Mind you, I have no problems with others inviting their friends and encouraging them to have a shot or two (even if they didn't pay entry fees). If it attracts (legitimate) new shooters I'm for it.