Faith restoration in the younger generation

Discuss all aspects of Ammunition and Reloading here.
trevort
Spud Gun
Favourite Cartridge: Tater

Faith restoration in the younger generation

Post by trevort »

Stu called in today to discuss reloading.
I don’t know how many of you are on Facebook reloading pages but they are full of morons who want the fb world to tell them their magic load and they can’t be bothered doing any research or testing it would appear. And then they get advice from similar sorts. Sometimes I find myself wanting to call out idiots in a forthright manner to get myself banned.

But back to the story. Young Stu is a novice loader but FMD he’s read a manual. He has a grasp on basic concepts already. There are still young people prepared to learn properly.

It will be a pleasure to help him on his journey!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: 20-222 6x47 rem, 250

Re: Faith restoration in the younger generation

Post by Camel »

Bring him up with you in September, then we can really start his path to rapid indoctrination. :D
Rabbitz
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 222

Post by Rabbitz »

That is a really nice story.

I am also glad that you are able to help him out. Kudos to you as well.
Stuie0
Favourite Cartridge: 223

Post by Stuie0 »

Thanks again TrevorT, and also big thanks to Dave and Tezza for your generous contributions. And everyone else who I've spoken to on the pages regarding reloading.

Can't wait to start my first load.

Also just found a copy of the E-book
10th edition of the Hornady handbook of reloading. If anyone would like a copy I'm sure I can email it (if it's not to big)

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Branxhunter
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: .20-222

Post by Branxhunter »

The ADI manual is available online as well.

Happy loading.

Marcus
curan
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 30/30

Post by curan »

Pleased to hear it's gone well.

Good to get another reloader addicted! :lol:
Shep25
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: .17 remington

Post by Shep25 »

trevort wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:52 pm Stu called in today to discuss reloading.
I don’t know how many of you are on Facebook reloading pages but they are full of morons who want the fb world to tell them their magic load and they can’t be bothered doing any research or testing it would appear. And then they get advice from similar sorts. Sometimes I find myself wanting to call out idiots in a forthright manner to get myself banned.

But back to the story. Young Stu is a novice loader but FMD he’s read a manual. He has a grasp on basic concepts already. There are still young people prepared to learn properly.

It will be a pleasure to help him on his journey!

Mate you have been a big help to me and I am very grateful for all of your advice .
Not sure that i fit into the younger generation but I am willing to learn and take opinions on board.
People that are willing to give advice to people who are only learning are legends in my book.
I dont know much but will help out where I can.

Cheers Bob
trevort
Spud Gun
Favourite Cartridge: Tater

Post by trevort »

I might get the van stick. Some fucken wanker asked why trim cases over listed max length when they still chamber

I. Replied

Why would you set off little home made explosives beside your face without reading an instruction manual ffs

Shep25
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: .17 remington

Post by Shep25 »

trevort wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:11 am I might get the van stick. Some fucken wanker asked why trim cases over listed max length when they still chamber

I. Replied

Why would you set off little home made explosives beside your face without reading an instruction manual ffs

Just read that myself and thought not long now until something goes terribly wrong and someone becomes a statistic.
bimbo
300 Win Mag
Favourite Cartridge: 17HH

Post by bimbo »

Great to hear that you willing to research stuff rather than just roll with a Facebook recipe - I have dumped most of the Facebook groups as it is far too painful to read most of the crap, I just can't handle that much stupid.
MISSED
Favourite Cartridge: 20 PPC

Post by MISSED »

bimbo wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:14 am Great to hear that you willing to research stuff rather than just roll with a Facebook recipe - I have dumped most of the Facebook groups as it is far too painful to read most of the crap, I just can't handle that much stupid.
Ask a question get a correct answer then are about the answer given.

Get a totally stupid answer and run with that.
dashooter
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: Wby Magnum's :)

Post by dashooter »

trevort wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:11 am I might get the van stick. Some fucken wanker asked why trim cases over listed max length when they still chamber

I. Replied

Nah, you have to say worse stuff than that to get banned on FB.
Rabbitz
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 222

Post by Rabbitz »

dashooter wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:58 am
Well that just confirms my unconscious and conscious biases against facebook. :D
bimbo
300 Win Mag
Favourite Cartridge: 17HH

Post by bimbo »

I. Replied

depends what group, I got booted from a knife making group because I pointed out that a whiny twat was having a cry that he wasn't getting support to win a comp on another business page (most likes wins type comp) and I mentioned that it was probably because people had possibly gone the page and voted for the one they liked best which wasn't his (what I had done - was a nice sheath but there was other pieces that had way more time and skill in them) - turns out the whiny twat is an admin of the group :lol: You just need to offend the right snowflake :twisted:
dashooter
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: Wby Magnum's :)

Post by dashooter »

bimbo wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:27 am

I. Replied

depends what group, I got booted from a knife making group because I pointed out that a whiny twat was having a cry that he wasn't getting support to win a comp on another business page (most likes wins type comp) and I mentioned that it was probably because people had possibly gone the page and voted for the one they liked best which wasn't his (what I had done - was a nice sheath but there was other pieces that had way more time and skill in them) - turns out the whiny twat is an admin of the group :lol: You just need to offend the right snowflake :twisted:
There’s being booted from a page because of hurt snowflakes and there’s getting banned from FB because you said something offensive or against FB standards (which are applied inconsistently in any case).
A mate is regularly ‘banned’ from FB. Generally 30 days at a time and he’d be lucky to last 5-10 days once his ban has been lifted.
One post that got him bin time was a photo of a dismembered black person and the caption ‘dishwasher - some assembly required’.