Rimfire 22lr: What does yours eat?

Discuss all aspects of Ammunition and Reloading here.
kjd
Site Admin
Favourite Cartridge: 223Rem

Rimfire 22lr: What does yours eat?

Post by kjd »

My rimfire 22lr is a Cz452 american and it loves PMC Zappers or Winchester powerpoints. Really this rifle is something I always take with me and think its probably one of my most loved rifles. It has shot more rabbits than anything else I own combined! Maybe I need to find a place with more rabbits!!!
native hunter
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: .22lr

Post by native hunter »

G"Day All
My CZ 452 varmint likes SK standard for killin paper and power points for vermin.
We all wish we could find a place with more bunnies.
Regards
Damien Webb.
lowndsie
Favourite Cartridge: N/A

Post by lowndsie »

I have a Voere which loves power points as well. They group great and kill great. What more could u ask for??
vanguard22-250

Post by vanguard22-250 »

Brno model 2E 22lr- it loves everything , onmly ever had feeding problems with highland ammo, but that was fixed when the magazine was replaced cause someone lost it.
I use pmc sidewinders , CCI stingers and powerpoints
dave
7mm08 Rem

Post by dave »

Vangaurd, where do you get your stingers from, no where around home sells them anymore. As for the .22 ive got the great grandfathers baikal single shot, it goes great and has probably fired thousands and thousands of rounds. Using highland ammo at the momment as it was pretty cheap but starting to think of getting something else as its accuracy is pretty ordinary.
vanguard22-250

Post by vanguard22-250 »

i got them a while back at Hunter arms up here in newcastle they still have them.
they have them at qld gun exchange for $10.30 pp thats pretty steep.

I also use CCI velocitators which shoot a 40gr pill at 1430fps compared to the 32gr 1640 stinger and get the velocitators at about $6 a box
dave
7mm08 Rem

Post by dave »

Yeah i checked with qldgunexchange problem is the freight its a killer unfortunately!
dave
7mm08 Rem

Post by dave »

Found some stingers this afternoon! Will be doing a bit of plinking with the ye olde .22 this weekend i think :twisted:
pete152
.22 WMR

Post by pete152 »

Power points are what we use as well. they seem to work in all our .22's.
Cheers,
Peter
flyer

Post by flyer »

We use power points, but preferred the solid p/points when they were available.

Flyer
Tom81

Post by Tom81 »

I have a Brno mod 1. One of the best rimfires ever made, and the best thing about it is it loves the cheap stuff. Most notibly winchester supreme and winchester laser. With these two it punches single holes all day long. Great fun shooting the tacks out of the target of whoever is next to you.
walking_death

Post by walking_death »

I have a Savage MkII LV (which was this http://www.savagearms.com/markiibv.htm before the "accutrigger") and it don't seem too fussy, I have had good results with Winchester Winner for target ammo and haven't really found much in the high velocity stuff that it won't shoot happily, none seems as good as the target velocity stuff but.

I had a Zastava CZ99 before the savage http://www.ssaa.org.au/newssaa/101-Stor ... acz99.html and it was a fairly good shooting rifle, until I tried Remington Target. Then it was just spectacular! I have NEVER had a .22 That shot like that thing. I constantly regret parting with it.
ogre6br
300 Win Mag
Favourite Cartridge: 6.5x55 or 6BR

Post by ogre6br »

48 grain scoremax

was just told by custers it's not being made anymore

bummer

later
P
Davyd

Post by Davyd »

I have a 10 year old cz 452 and a Sako fingfire varmint with set trigger.

Which ammuntion is good is a very vexed question.

I used to swear by Winchester powerpoints and the subsonic equivalent (same bullets without copper wash and less oomph) but the curretn bricks of each I have are shooting really badly - nearly 2 inch groups at 50m.

I have just tried tenex sub sonic hollowpoint and they are a dramatic improvement - the first box would create a ragged hole at 50m with 5shots most of the time but the brick I bought is obviously a different batch and has widened up on that a bit.

CCI Velocitors alos used to work very well in both rifles - I have not retested them recently to see if that still is the case.

Regards - annoyed and frustrated
Rinso
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 25.06

Post by Rinso »

Anschutz M54 loves Lapua and RWS

cheers
Rinso