Bullet seating die

Discuss all aspects of Ammunition and Reloading here.
Vermingone
.204 Ruger
Favourite Cartridge: 243 ai

Bullet seating die

Post by Vermingone »

Has anyone used http://www.lewilson.com/stainlesssteelm ... eater.html before and how do/did you find them ?
Seddo
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: Creedmoor

Re: Bullet seating die

Post by Seddo »

I use them for most of my calibres these days and like them, match them up with a redding type s FL die and you have a great die set. I have never measured them for concentricity but by all reports they make a very straight round. They are easy to get custom seating dies made as well, get your gunsmith to push your chamber reamer in a blank die and you have a perfectly match seating die.
Ned Kelly
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 6PPC

Post by Ned Kelly »

G'day All,
been using one in Competition in various calibres for almost 20 years. They are excellent value for money and my 6ppc seater must have loaded 20,000 rounds easy. Still delivers the accuracy I need.
Cheerio Ned
Vermingone
.204 Ruger
Favourite Cartridge: 243 ai

Post by Vermingone »

Thanks Seddo & Ned I reckon your responses are reason enough for me :)
Brad Y
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: N/A

Post by Brad Y »

Agree with everything said. I had a blank done with my chamber reamer and have installed the sinclairs micrometer top for it. Wont ever use anything else. The other bonus is with an arbor press and the right attachments, I batch my long range ammo by the force required to seat each bullet. And can load ammo proud before travelling to a big event, and keep my ammo in tune in case the throat grows by final seating to an accurate measurement.
curan
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 30/30

Post by curan »

Brad Y wrote:Agree with everything said. I had a blank done with my chamber reamer and have installed the sinclairs micrometer top for it. Wont ever use anything else. The other bonus is with an arbor press and the right attachments, I batch my long range ammo by the force required to seat each bullet. And can load ammo proud before travelling to a big event, and keep my ammo in tune in case the throat grows by final seating to an accurate measurement.
Wow, is there no end to the miniscule things that can be done in the search for accuracy? :shock: :D :D :D

It's not for me, but more strength to you blokes that chase this stuff......

.... and I do like reading about it!
Brad Y
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: N/A

Post by Brad Y »

Yeah if you want to compete you might as well be competitive. Its alot of money involved in shooting these days to do it half arsed! IF I can do all the technical stuff right, then its only mental shit that screws me over.
Steve 2141
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: 6PPC

Post by Steve 2141 »

these dies are made for custom chambers I use them as well as some custom made ones and they are the way to go, saying that the only problem with them is that some factory chambers can be over size or on the upper side of standard specifications, if this is the case you'll need to full length size your brass, if you neck size only the round will get stuck in the die

cheers