Projectile swap meet

Discuss all aspects of Ammunition and Reloading here.
dashooter
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: Wby Magnum's :)

Re: Projectile swap meet

Post by dashooter »

Camel wrote:Got a bucket load mate here mate, would the long weekend be convenient as I will probably down that way then, if you want them sooner I can stick them in the post, but I doubt they would get there much quicker. :shock: :lol:

Wanna try some Hornady 55gn sp as well, have a shit load of them too.
Will try anything once :) (well almost anything).
Sounds good Mark. Can wait till long weekend. No point wasting cash on AustPost delivery costs.
Cheers,
Rob
Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: 20-222 6x47 rem, 250

Post by Camel »

Rob, I left those projectiles at Andyroo's place, discussions with His Holiness took place at the table, but I can remember what was the conclusion of those discussions. :oops: They may be at either residence. :shock:
dashooter
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by dashooter »

Camel wrote:Rob, I left those projectiles at Andyroo's place, discussions with His Holiness took place at the table, but I can remember what was the conclusion of those discussions. :oops: They may be at either residence. :shock:
No worries.
Will make some enquiries with said parties and see who has the best memory. :lol:
James270
His Holiness
Favourite Cartridge: 270W

Post by James270 »

dashooter wrote:
Camel wrote:Rob, I left those projectiles at Andyroo's place, discussions with His Holiness took place at the table, but I can remember what was the conclusion of those discussions. :oops: They may be at either residence. :shock:
No worries.
Will make some enquiries with said parties and see who has the best memory. :lol:
Well I do believe that mine is better than Camels. Not sure why though as I did my best develop a mental blank on Sunday night :shock:
Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: 20-222 6x47 rem, 250

Post by Camel »

James270 wrote:
dashooter wrote:
No worries.
Well I do believe that mine is better than Camels. Not sure why though as I did my best develop a mental blank on Sunday night :shock:
You were probably wondering what the plastic baggy in your pocket contained, luckily there was no white powder. :wink:
James270
His Holiness
Favourite Cartridge: 270W

Post by James270 »

Camel wrote:
James270 wrote:
dashooter wrote:
No worries.
You were probably wondering what the plastic baggy in your pocket contained, luckily there was no white powder. :wink:
I will admit that I was stumped as to their origin on Monday morning when I saw them on the kitchen bench :lol:
Jacko9
.204 Ruger
Favourite Cartridge: 6x45

Post by Jacko9 »

If anyone needs any of the following for testing, let me know, more than welcome, both are .224.

55 grain nosler ballistic tip
55 grain speer varmint soft point
RDavies
.257 Roberts
Favourite Cartridge: 7 SAUM

Post by RDavies »

mick_762 wrote:G'day all,

I am chasing some heavy .224 pills, starting at over 55gn just need 3 or 4 of each - what have you got sitting around?

Cheers
Mick
]
I have some 80gn A Max here. What twist is your barrel? Or are they just for a collection?
mick_762
50 BMG
Favourite Cartridge: 308 Norma

Post by mick_762 »

RDavies wrote:

I am chasing some heavy .224 pills, starting at over 55gn just need 3 or 4 of each - what have you got sitting around?

Cheers
Mick
]
I have some 80gn A Max here. What twist is your barrel? Or are they just for a collection?
Its for a mates Tikka T3 Varmint - pure sh#ts and giggles to see what it will handle.
dashooter
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by dashooter »

mick_762 wrote:
RDavies wrote:

Cheers
Mick
]
Its for a mates Tikka T3 Varmint - pure sh#ts and giggles to see what it will handle.
So could be 1-12 or 1-9. Will be fun either way.
Jmc
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: 6br

Post by Jmc »

Hi all I have plenty of 50gr vmax if anybody is after some to try.
I'm looking for 5 or so to try in my new 22BR
60gr vmax
80gr amax
69 sierra matchking
nosler 69 gr hpbt
Thanks
lowndsie
Favourite Cartridge: N/A

Post by lowndsie »

Hey Mick I could have brought some 60gr pills with me! I have some 60gr Vmax if you want some. There's some 60gr Nosler BTs as well somewhere. The Vmax will be fine in a 1-12 but ive heard the Noslers need a faster twist. Is it a 223? not sure if you mentioned that or not.
lowndsie
Favourite Cartridge: N/A

Post by lowndsie »

Jmc wrote:Hi all I have plenty of 50gr vmax if anybody is after some to try.
I'm looking for 5 or so to try in my new 22BR
60gr vmax
80gr amax
69 sierra matchking
nosler 69 gr hpbt
Thanks
Likewise mate, if you want a few 60gr vmax's just let me know.
mick_762
50 BMG
Favourite Cartridge: 308 Norma

Post by mick_762 »

All sorted now, cheers Jason.
trevort
Spud Gun
Favourite Cartridge: Tater

Post by trevort »

Last chance for the wobbly (your fault Mick 762) yes I said it was gone but I'll try one more thing.

Can anyone spare 15 25 cal hunting pills in the 100gn ish range. I'll try it as a proper long range hunting rifle before I ass it JUST ONCE!