Primers

Discuss all aspects of Ammunition and Reloading here.
MISSED
Favourite Cartridge: 20 PPC

Primers

Post by MISSED »

Remington 7 1/2 v CCI BR4`s

I have been using BR4`s in the PPC and 6.5x47 lap but at the exorborant price they are at I was thinking of switching to the much cheaper remingtons.

What are your opinions pro`s and cons
trevort
Spud Gun
Favourite Cartridge: Tater

Re: Primers

Post by trevort »

both have the same cup thickness, The thickest. I always used rem 7 1/2 but bough a few 1000 br4s years ago and thought I better try them

running them in dasher and 6bra. I think you will like them just as much.

I did read an article in Precision Loading magazine that measured the flame. In their tests the rem 7 1/2 br produced the biggest flash. And they had foters to prove it.
May have some impact on whether you need to re tune your loads
Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: 20-222 6x47 rem, 250

Post by Camel »

I have only used Rem 7 1/2 for the last 30 odd years, then have never let me down no matter what cartridge from 22 Hornet up to the 22 PPC, but mainly because they always available, unlike others, and have been reasonably priced, though these days pricing seems to be all over the shop.
trevort
Spud Gun
Favourite Cartridge: Tater

Post by trevort »

Hmm looks like the 22x47l has the br4s in it too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lee_enfield223
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: 223rem

Post by lee_enfield223 »

there seems to be some sort of deal the dealers got onto with Winchester primers, at the last sydney show I bought large and small rifle primers for $50 per thousand needless to say I bought a thousand of each, and I once tried out PMC primers in my 223rem and they shot 400mm higher at 300m with the same powder load case and projectile , so I would be pre paired to adjust your loads accordingly , also I tried out the BR type primers and accuracy was about the same, but then again I am getting 1/2 MOA groups and thats all I am after
Seddo
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: Creedmoor

Post by Seddo »

I use to run Rem 7 1/2 in my 20x47 as the other primers would puncture. :shock:

These days I run Rem 7 1/2 in my PPC's and Grendel. I have some BR4's but I haven't got around to trying them. I always buy primers by the case, that way it takes ages to run out.