Stihl Battery Chainsaw

Scopes, Range finders, Binoculars, Bipods etc etc. Discuss them all here!
B4408
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 20VT

Stihl Battery Chainsaw

Post by B4408 »

Will put this review here as it will get used when I go camping and shooting.
Bought a new Stihl MSA200 electric saw. Very impressed with first test run. Should be handy when camping and around the home. Planning to recharge it from my 12V to 240v inverter when on the road.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5hjTbiyFac

My old Stihl 010AV can have an easier life after 35years of use. I use a Huskie 371xp for the big stuff.

Bruce
daisy
.308 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 7-08

Re: Stihl Battery Chainsaw

Post by daisy »

I got an EGO one which seems to go alright. Also got a EGO line trimmer and just swap the battery between them. I don't use either very much but find them both good.
fenring

Post by fenring »

It's done well, but RRP $500 for the skin only!
barryb
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 17 ackley hornet

Post by barryb »

Looks the goods there Bruce - I lashed out for my wifes Christmas present & bought her a Bosch Advanced Cut 18 ? , 18V & 2.5 AH whatever that is . She's very happy with it but I don't think is anywhere as big as your new one , but this one's good on the rose bushes. :) How does yours work on walnut. :wink:
B4408
.270 Winchester

Post by B4408 »

fenring wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:21 am It's done well, but RRP $500 for the skin only!
Yep, not cheap and why I have waited a while. I think the convenience will be worth it in long run, probably get the whipper snipper next year. Its like battery tools, need to buy into a system then stick with it.

Barry a bit bigger the your Jenny's saw. :lol:

Used it today pruning some trees, climbed about 4m up. Pulled the trigger and instant power. To easy.

Bruce
Tackleberry
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 17HMR

Post by Tackleberry »

I see you were wearing chaps just be mindful because of the toque of an electric chainsaw even the battery once chaps and cut proof pants will not stop them you will still get severely cut be very careful.
The Raven
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: .270 Win

Post by The Raven »

Tackleberry wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:39 pm I see you were wearing chaps just be mindful because of the toque of an electric chainsaw even the battery once chaps and cut proof pants will not stop them you will still get severely cut be very careful.
I recall having an arm strike with an electric chainsaw. Luckily only a scratch AND it taught me to be much more careful around things like this. So I give that warning a thumbs up.

Did I mention some time ago the Mrs wanted another Ryobi battery for her gardening stuff? I was driving near my house and found the exact battery she wanted in a roundabout (probably fell off a ute). Best part was it's manufacturing date indicated it was basically new. Works a treat. Wrapped it up and put a bow on it :lol: She knows the truth now :shock:
Tackleberry
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 17HMR

Post by Tackleberry »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
B4408
.270 Winchester

Post by B4408 »

Tackleberry wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:39 pm I see you were wearing chaps just be mindful because of the toque of an electric chainsaw even the battery once chaps and cut proof pants will not stop them you will still get severely cut be very careful.
Maybe.
Noticed that it doesn't run on like a petrol saw when you release the trigger.
Only started wearing chaps in recent years when given a pair. Keeps the sawdust off the clothes and boots and handy in summer when wearing shorts. May save a trip to hospital one day as well. :D

Raven, got to take the easy wins. :lol:

Bruce
morerams
Favourite Cartridge: 308

Post by morerams »

I've had the MSA160 for a couple of years now, very happy with it. My first chainsaw but have had no problems.
Got a pole pruner at the same time, takes the same chain no trouble with it either.
Keep an eye on gumtree I got a hedge trimmer with battery and charger for less than the price of a second battery which was all I wanted.