Night Tech HD-50 Lite

Scopes, Range finders, Binoculars, Bipods etc etc. Discuss them all here!
17REM
.22 WMR
Favourite Cartridge: 17REM

Night Tech HD-50 Lite

Post by 17REM »

I wasn't sure if there was a post about this.
The unit is awesome for the price. You can go into a paddock and scan around and see if it's worthwhile spotlighting.
You can spotlight a paddock and then scan with the HD-50 and see what you missed.
Last time I was out I was looking up a steep hill with the spotlight , turned the thermal on and looked out the window behind me and blow me down this fox had been following me down wind and wasn't fazed by me one bit. Turned around and BOOM, one less fox.
Combine it with the Hellfyre and spotlighting takes on a new life. When used with the Sightmark Wraith Shooting takes on a new dimension.

https://www.nighthunter.com.au/thermal- ... hd-50-lite

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dHdhIHLMok&t=1s

night tech hd-50
dashooter
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: Wby Magnum's :)

Re: Night Tech HD-50 Lite

Post by dashooter »

17REM wrote:I wasn't sure if there was a post about this.
The unit is awesome for the price. You can go into a paddock and scan around and see if it's worthwhile spotlighting.
You can spotlight a paddock and then scan with the HD-50 and see what you missed.
Last time I was out I was looking up a steep hill with the spotlight , turned the thermal on and looked out the window behind me and blow me down this fox had been following me down wind and wasn't fazed by me one bit. Turned around and BOOM, one less fox.
Combine it with the Hellfyre and spotlighting takes on a new life. When used with the Sightmark Wraith Shooting takes on a new dimension.

https://www.nighthunter.com.au/thermal- ... hd-50-lite

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dHdhIHLMok&t=1s

night tech hd-50
Been thinking about the 35 model. Combined with the 4K pro would be a great combo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RDavies
.257 Roberts
Favourite Cartridge: 7 SAUM

Post by RDavies »

I was thinking these things sound like a sure thing, then I saw the price. They would be good if you are able to get out culling regularly.
barryb
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 17 ackley hornet

Post by barryb »

Yes Rod , pretty boring at the moment. I guess we just have to be patient for a little while longer & keep hoping this current virus sheet will level out & we'll get back to normal , soooon. On the night vision arena , there's some cheaper stuff on Used Guns attached to a Sako A1 in Pulsar that works well :P & also on AHN if your on there.
Barry
dashooter
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by dashooter »

RDavies wrote:I was thinking these things sound like a sure thing, then I saw the price. They would be good if you are able to get out culling regularly.
Depends what your looking to do Rod. I’m trying to find something that’s decent quality to use as a monocular in conjunction with my 4K pro x sight.
The problem is (as is always the case) that there’s always something better but it comes with an additional cost.
I’m just trying to find the happy medium but the budget keeps getting extended the more higher spec’d models I find.
The MS-42 would be ideal if it had the wifi and onboard recording options that came with the HD-35 and 50 models.
I’m now looking at the Pulsar Helion XQ38f ($$) or possibly an XP28 ($$$$).
Just waiting to see what stock has come in the in last shipment and the new pricing.

dashooter
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by dashooter »

barryb wrote:Yes Rod , pretty boring at the moment. I guess we just have to be patient for a little while longer & keep hoping this current virus sheet will level out & we'll get back to normal , soooon. On the night vision arena , there's some cheaper stuff on Used Guns attached to a Sako A1 in Pulsar that works well :P & also on AHN if your on there.
Barry
That’s a nice plug Barry and a great combo.
Never owned a .17 but growing up around uncles that put them to great use back in the 80’s when Fox skins were worth big $$ it was always something that was in the back of my mind to get.

Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: 20-222 6x47 rem, 250

Post by Camel »

dashooter wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:26 pm
barryb wrote:Yes Rod , pretty boring at the moment. I guess we just have to be patient for a little while longer & keep hoping this current virus sheet will level out & we'll get back to normal , soooon. On the night vision arena , there's some cheaper stuff on Used Guns attached to a Sako A1 in Pulsar that works well :P & also on AHN if your on there.
Barry
Never owned a .17 but growing up around uncles that put them to great use back in the 80’s when Fox skins were worth big $$ it was always something that was in the back of my mind to get.

So, can Barry begin celebrating now ?? :mrburns:
dashooter
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by dashooter »

Camel wrote:
dashooter wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:26 pm
Barry

So, can Barry begin celebrating now ?? :mrburns:
Unfortunately not on my accord Mark.

barryb
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 17 ackley hornet

Post by barryb »

wishin & apraying :lol: