Digital scopes

Scopes, Range finders, Binoculars, Bipods etc etc. Discuss them all here!
mick_762
50 BMG
Favourite Cartridge: 308 Norma

Digital scopes

Post by mick_762 »

Apart from Dashooters ATN which apears to be working well.

Has anyone had any experience with specifically the PULSAR DIGISIGHT ULTRA N450?
dashooter
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: Wby Magnum's :)

Re: Digital scopes

Post by dashooter »

I thought someone on here had a Pulsar NV of some sort but had issues getting it sighted in. Can’t for the life of me remember who though or which Pulsar NV it was.
You’d be better spending your cash on a nice Weihrauch .22 Hornet though... :wink:
mick_762
50 BMG

Post by mick_762 »

dashooter wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:24 pm I thought someone on here had a Pulsar NV of some sort but had issues getting it sighted in. Can’t for the life of me remember who though or which Pulsar NV it was.
You’d be better spending your cash on a nice Weihrauch .22 Hornet though... :wink:
Hadnt received my weekly picture- so it slipped my mind....
dashooter
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by dashooter »

My bad. Work is killing me. Here ya go. Image

ImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mick_762
50 BMG

Post by mick_762 »

Tease
dashooter
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by dashooter »

mick_762 wrote:Tease
Well if you’d kept quiet. Lol
Would look good in your safe.

mick_762
50 BMG

Post by mick_762 »

dashooter wrote:

Yes it would, just be a shame to stick a K reamer up it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

dashooter
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by dashooter »

mick_762 wrote:
dashooter wrote:

Yes it would, just be a shame to stick a K reamer up it.

So keep in original form in your safe and get another to put the reamer up. Lol

Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: 20-222 6x47 rem, 250

Post by Camel »

Barry hav one of them whizz bang N/v scope thingos
Branxhunter
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: .20-222

Post by Branxhunter »

dashooter wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:24 pm I thought someone on here had a Pulsar NV of some sort but had issues getting it sighted in. Can’t for the life of me remember who though or which Pulsar NV it was.
Was it crackers (Craig)? I seem to remember he had some issues with wandering zero or something.

Marcus
barryb
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 17 ackley hornet

Post by barryb »

Camel wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:58 pm Barry hav one of them whizz bang N/v scope thingos
David I have the Pulsar LRFN970 , only used it once so far last year. I didn't actually use it , these days I prefer to watch proceedings from the inside of the vehicle on a good sized monitor hooked up to the unit with the air conditioner on , but the mates who used it reckoned it was good stuff & had no trouble with it. Initially they had to fiddle around for a while getting it zeroed but no real issue & probably no more difficult getting it zeroed than the Wraith , Pard008 or the ATN Pro 4-20. This high tech stuff with computers inside the scope & programmes with + & minus I leave to much younger people. :roll: The only slightly negative comment was they wanted me to take off the large CB antenna as they were experiencing "flash back" from it. Mine came with the Wolf Eyes X beam IR but I think I've got the T67 on it at the moment. Its in the safe gathering a bit of dust maybe waiting for next year.
Sorry , don't know anything about the one your interested in.
Barry
mick_762
50 BMG

Post by mick_762 »

Thanks Barry, it all helps to build a picture.

Mudgegonga
.22 WMR
Favourite Cartridge: 17-223 Mudgegonga

Post by Mudgegonga »

I've got the Pulsar Digisight 455. They have now made it in the Thermion configuration (traditional scope) which would be much better for mounting on a bolt action. They will cost more and are not yet available here. The 450/455's are extremely light sensitive which is great if you want to use them without a illumination.
This works really well at dusk and if there is some light from stars or moon. The problem with this is matching IR for longer range shooting. There are very powerful IR torches/lasers available now that will enable you to see as far as want with the lower cost NV options like the Pard 008. However at close range you get too much light for the Pulsar. If you want to use it long range you need a torch that is made to be adjusted for spill and has a dimmer. There are some good options now available such as the Sniper Hog Coyote Cannon.

There is also the Yukon line available that uses the same technology with an option for a higher base magnification. This gives you less pixelation at higher magnification which is better for long range. However it decreases field of view. The Yukon line is cheaper with less features, shorter warranty. I think the base magnification of 4.5x on the Pulsar is a good compromise. At 9x digital using picture in picture you get good clear field of view and a clear picture of what you are aiming at.
mick_762
50 BMG

Post by mick_762 »

Mudgegonga wrote:.
Cheers mate,
How do you find the digital magnification at say 100 yards and/or 200?
From the little info I have been able to dig up, it apears (to me) that pixelation starts around the 12-13x ?

That could also be from poor camera / footage from the reviewer.

Mudgegonga
.22 WMR
Favourite Cartridge: 17-223 Mudgegonga

Post by Mudgegonga »

I would agree with that and it is a challenge from the perspective of sighting the scope in. The pixelation means you cannot see your bullet holes especially of small calibers at 100 plus meters. You either have something you can use as a spotting scope or walk to the target and mark it so you can see the point of impact. I need to mark the target to use the one shot sight in feature. You do adjust to a lower level of precision when sighting in. I have found a solid diamond shape my preferred target for sighting in.

However once your sighted in and your use say 8x to 12x for hunting its all good. The picture is clear. You do get use to using lower power at longer distances. 8 to 12x is all you can really use at night under normal light .

If all your shooting was at 200 meters plus you would be better off with a higher base magnification and bigger objective lens. For example the Black Env10. However you would loose field of view, have extra weight, more awkward, more expense, etc.