Switch Barrel Lug

Scopes, Range finders, Binoculars, Bipods etc etc. Discuss them all here!
Seddo
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: Creedmoor

Re: Switch Barrel Lug

Post by Seddo »

Any action can be used with this sort of set up. A local gunsmith made a switchlug type set up (don't want to tough copy wright issues) for a surgeon with integral lug, he just pinned it to the front and it works. That means you can do it for Howa's and Winchesters as well.

My switchlug is sitting at Stiller's and will be sent out with the next shipment.
aam
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: 22 Hornet

Post by aam »

I was looking at this switch lug set up about a year ago and stopped short of buying one.

The only problem I could find and this is for my circumstance, is, the switch lug would get in the way of the picatinney scope base. If I were to get this to work I would have to cut a portion of the rail back.

I think the idea is great for a quick barrel swap over, but not for me in this case.
Attachments
P1000319.JPG
P1000318.JPG
Seddo
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by Seddo »

Here's something similar done on a surgeon. It can be done to pretty much every rifle if you think about it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Plowboy
7mm Rem Mag
Favourite Cartridge: .223

Post by Plowboy »

I think that this lug set up would be the best for me. I don't think I would be switching barrels so frequently that wearing out the set up would be an issue.

As long as it can be used in a chassis I will be looking into it.
trevort
Spud Gun
Favourite Cartridge: Tater

Post by trevort »

FCUK

I was going to tell you all the reasons switch barrel rifles are no good.

then I watched the video

how much are they?
Plowboy
7mm Rem Mag
Favourite Cartridge: .223

Post by Plowboy »

Pretty good eh? I would like to see one from a customer though. Maybe it's a little more involved than he makes it to be.
kickinback
50 BMG
Favourite Cartridge: 260 Rem

Post by kickinback »

aam wrote:I was looking at this switch lug set up about a year ago and stopped short of buying one.

The only problem I could find and this is for my circumstance, is, the switch lug would get in the way of the picatinney scope base. If I were to get this to work I would have to cut a portion of the rail back.

I think the idea is great for a quick barrel swap over, but not for me in this case.
Nothing to say the clamp and bolt arrangement can't be set up at the 10o'clock position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Seddo
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by Seddo »

kickinback wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:56 am
Nothing to say the clamp and bolt arrangement can't be set up at the 10o'clock position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
It could be set up at 6 oclock as well, the only issue you have if its not at 12 o'clock is stock work might be needed to access it.