Ted’s knife thread

Scopes, Range finders, Binoculars, Bipods etc etc. Discuss them all here!
deermasterhunter
7mm08 Rem
Favourite Cartridge: 358ME

Re: Ted’s knife thread

Post by deermasterhunter »

Finished this one on the weekend. It's 14c28n with hybrid scales blues with Bimble box burl stabilised. Should be a handy little knife. I wasn't 100% happy with it, but it's not too bad.
Thanks for looking :onya:
Attachments
skinner 2.JPG
skinner4.JPG
skinner3.JPG
Skinner1.JPG
deermasterhunter
7mm08 Rem

I made these five knives and sheaths for my Grand daughter and her fiance. Their for them to give to special people as a gift for helping at their engagement and wedding. Cut a few out six to be honest and stuffed one up, but ground them all and did the five that they wanted and gave them to them as an Engagement gift. Tried to make them all the same with different handle material on two and naturally their all different :ohwell:

deermasterhunter
7mm08 Rem

I made this one from Nitro V and used some nice scales on it. These were made by the Phantom, thanks Tony. Anyway this is for my mate Shane for Christmas. Just have to finish off the sheath and its ready to go. Dunno whether to give it him now or wait for Christmas Anyway, thanks for looking.

daisy
.308 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 7-08

Post by daisy »

Never get tired of seeing your work Ted. Great stuff :shock:
trevort
Spud Gun
Favourite Cartridge: Tater

Post by trevort »

On behalf of Shane, NOW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mick_762
50 BMG
Favourite Cartridge: 308 Norma

Post by mick_762 »

Shane is going to be very happy with that, Ted.

Here is Trevor using his new knife on a MASSIVE Sambar I shot on the weekend.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

trevort
Spud Gun

Post by trevort »

Ted I must say that it’s way easier to keep a knife sharp than put on an edge from scratch but second go proved successful!

deermasterhunter
7mm08 Rem

daisy wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:55 pm Never get tired of seeing your work Ted. Great stuff :shock:
Thanks Daisy I been busy mate :lol:
trevort wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:36 pm On behalf of Shane, NOWImage

I reckon he will be happy with it Trev :D
mick_762 wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:21 am Shane is going to be very happy with that, Ted.

Here is Trevor using his new knife on a MASSIVE Sambar I shot on the weekend.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Yes I think he will be very happy David
Cool stuff great to see them at work :D
trevort wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:53 am Ted I must say that it’s way easier to keep a knife sharp than put on an edge from scratch but second go proved successful!

Yeah mate the first sharpen is the hardest :lol:
deermasterhunter
7mm08 Rem

Finally finished the one I stuffed up. Hard to see the stuff up but I know its there. I call this one the Purple Meat eater.
My mate the Phantom made the scales for me. Steel is NitroV with brass pins and lanyard holder.. Thanks for looking
Attachments
3s.JPG
2s.JPG
1s.JPG
4s.JPG
dashooter
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: Wby Magnum's :)

Post by dashooter »

deermasterhunter wrote:Finally finished the one I stuffed up. Hard to see the stuff up but I know its there. I call this one the Purple Meat eater.
My mate the Phantom made the scales for me. Steel is NitroV with brass pins and lanyard holder.. Thanks for looking
Buggered if I can see anything wrong with it Ted.
Quite like the purple handle too. ImageImage

deermasterhunter
7mm08 Rem

dashooter wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:46 pm
deermasterhunter wrote:Finally finished the one I stuffed up. Hard to see the stuff up but I know its there. I call this one the Purple Meat eater.

Thanks mate its very hard to see unless you know what to look for, but I do. ha ha. Looks like backstrap wants it for his mate. I probably gave it away too cheap, but it just annoyed me. He will have to pay for a sheath though as they cost me a fair bit for my mate to make them. He will get a good deal though. Zoom in the photo where my mark is showing and on the top of the ricasso there's a few small but deep scratches the belt made when I was straightening the bolsters. Probably only half a mm or so long, but no way can I sand them out. :D
dashooter
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: Wby Magnum's :)

Post by dashooter »

deermasterhunter wrote:

Thanks mate its very hard to see unless you know what to look for, but I do. ha ha. Looks like backstrap wants it for his mate. I probably gave it away too cheap, but it just annoyed me. He will have to pay for a sheath though as they cost me a fair bit for my mate to make them. He will get a good deal though. Zoom in the photo where my mark is showing and on the top of the ricasso there's a few small but deep scratches the belt made when I was straightening the bolsters. Probably only half a mm or so long, but no way can I sand them out. :D
Can’t get in close enough to see it so it mustn’t be there. Backstrap got a bargain for sure.
I was very close to asking you how much.

trevort
Spud Gun

Ted’s knife thread

Post by trevort »

Rob he reckons there were three faults on the last one I bought. If I look really closely I can find one, and it’s insignificant and cosmetic. I’m so glad Ted has sharp eyes cos it does wonders for the pricing. I’m waiting for him to stuff up a straight boner

deermasterhunter
7mm08 Rem

dashooter wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:27 pm
deermasterhunter wrote:

Can’t get in close enough to see it so it mustn’t be there. Backstrap got a bargain for sure.
I was very close to asking you how much.

Ha ha he did get a nice knife, he picks it up next weekend :D
trevort wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:28 am Rob he reckons there were three faults on the last one I bought. If I look really closely I can find one, and it’s insignificant and cosmetic. I’m so glad Ted has sharp eyes cos it does wonders for the pricing. I’m waiting for him to stuff up a straight boner

I only have the one bionic eye Trevor. One of these days I might cut out another one of those straight boners and try to fuck it up especially for you :lol: Anyway backstrap took your advice and got straight onto me. He is getting a bloody nice knife as I sort of really like it myself now its finished. :D
trevort
Spud Gun

Post by trevort »

I bet you do Ted. I bet you do.

I was inspired just to go get my last one out of the bag and shave a few hairs off my arm and slice up some paper just reading the thread!