Yong Heng PCP Air Rifle Compressor

Scopes, Range finders, Binoculars, Bipods etc etc. Discuss them all here!
danny_h69
Favourite Cartridge: .357

Yong Heng PCP Air Rifle Compressor

Post by danny_h69 »

G'day all,

For the air heads among us... I recently bought a Yong Heng Air Rifle Compressor from C@&%a on Ebay. I really didn't want to, but I've run out of options.

I bought a Ninja paintball bottle with the idea of using it to quick fill my Benjamin Marauder. I've been in the health wars for a while now and haven't been using the Benji because it takes too much effort to fill. I drove about 5 hours round trip to the 'nearest' paintball place to fill it to 4500psi. Didn't check it until I got home to find it was only sitting on about 3500 psi. I tried to fill the Benji from 2000 psi but it didn't budge. After speaking to the seller we decided that the Benji and bottle needed to be filled to see if/where the problem is.

That was earlier in the year... I had been deliberating getting the Yong Heng, but ended up doing research via Youtube as these pumps have been available for a while now. Overall the reviews have been reasonably positive... So I bought one...

I'm still having problems with the paintball bottle with it outputting waaaayyy under the 3000psi claimed, but according to the seller (hopefully) this will be an easy(ish) fix.

Back to the compressor... overall build quality I think is pretty good. Simple to partially assemble thanks to youtube vids again...the manual it comes with while readable is pretty much useless. It's simple to operate, but a bit on the loud side. Not 747 loud, but earplugs to be on the safe side.

It filled my Benji from 2000 - 3000 in under a minute. It filled the Ninja bottle from empty to 4500 in about 10 minutes.

Cons: The moisture trap... a big 'ole tampon looking thing in the hose fitting. It is advertised to filter oil and moisture, but I'm not convinced about it's moisture trapping ability. However, quite a few people are buying a separate in-line filter and modifying the filter medium. Google - "PCP oil/water separator filter 30 mpa 4500psi 310bar"

This will be my next purchase (pending funding approval :roll: ) at which point I can strip Benji down and check for moisture and return it to working pressure in no time at all. :D

So in a nutshell... so far so good. If you are interested let me know in the thread and I'll keep the thread updated with progress reports.

Cheers

Dan

Attachments
PCP-oil-water-separator-filter-30-mpa-4500psi-310bar-L350mm-OD49mm-ID36mm.jpg_640x640.jpg
PCP-oil-water-separator-filter-30-mpa-4500psi-310bar-L350mm-OD49mm-ID36mm.jpg_640x640.jpg (65.55 KiB) Viewed 682 times
IMG_20180625_192317414.jpg
MISSED
Favourite Cartridge: 20 PPC

Re: Yong Heng PCP Air Rifle Compressor

Post by MISSED »

Interesting thread

I have watched the Videos as well
And have also had my doubts about the ability of the water separator to perform

Please keep us in the loop
grmkc
.220 Swift
Favourite Cartridge: 204 Ruger

Post by grmkc »

Pretty bucket Dan. :lol:
The Raven
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: .270 Win

Post by The Raven »

grmkc wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:34 pm Pretty bucket Dan. :lol:
Haven't seen a brew bucket like that....
daisy
.308 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 7-08

Post by daisy »

grmkc
.220 Swift

Post by grmkc »

Worth noting that the UK airgun scene is asking the same questions with regards to in-line moisture traps and the limited nature of the OEM cotton wad scenario.
There are around 6 (because we don't know if they are just rebadging) manufacturers that have emailed their brochure to me. Each and every time I have asked the question regarding moisture traps, they send prices and avoid the issue by offering discounts.
As I may have said previouly. At $7 per fill, it's not worth my while, let alone the risk of running a unit that doesn't meet Aust Stds and getting internal moisture issues.
Rabbitz
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 222

Post by Rabbitz »

I have been a bit hesitant to comment on this thread because I don't really have knowledge of these compressors and filters.

I do have some experience dealing with high pressure gases and compressors, mostly filling cylinders and mixing breathing gases.

Fiddling with gases at the pressures mentioned in the original post is not a trivial thing.

I have been around equipment when fittings have failed, hoses have ruptured and the temperature rise from adiabatic compression has caused O2 systems to rapidly disassemble.

Frankly, I would be terrified of using a fill whip or small aluminium cylinder labelled water separator that was sourced on Alibaba.

I realise you guys probably know what you are doing, but please keep in mind that these pressures can be lethal.
curan
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 30/30

Post by curan »

Rabbitz wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:52 am Frankly, I would be terrified of using a fill whip or small aluminium cylinder labelled water separator that was sourced on Alibaba.
+1.

I would have to hydro a chinese cylinder with a portapower brfore I ever trusted it at those pressures.
daisy
.308 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 7-08

Post by daisy »

A video review is here if anyone is interested. I haven't watched it .

https://airgunwarriors.com/airgun-talk/ ... post-11784
The Raven
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: .270 Win

Post by The Raven »

daisy wrote:A video review is here if anyone is interested. I haven't watched it .

https://airgunwarriors.com/airgun-talk/ ... post-11784
I watched it and it didn’t get beyond the owner stripping a tread while using viselocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
grmkc
.220 Swift

Post by grmkc »

Used to work in the diving industry and I have seen the damage caused by equipment failure; SCUBA valves embedded in double brick walls ect. I'm personally steering clear.