Have a butchers

Scopes, Range finders, Binoculars, Bipods etc etc. Discuss them all here!
Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: 20-222 6x47 rem, 250

Have a butchers

Post by Camel »

Hook at these.

Finally got some new stainless butchers hooks. Had my first foray into Ebay last Tuesday night after working in the skinning shed all day. We are trying to get some young gamemeat goats into the market, typically there isn't any stainless hooks around there for hanging carcases, so I got into looking for some that night. It was a quite painless operation, and everything worked when it should have.

Anyway, I got 40, 6 inch hooks sent through the mail for less than 80 bucks, not including postage. Postage was 3.98 per 40.

For anyone looking for some hooks, the place I got them off is:

Slice of Life - knife sales, 13 Muntz st Wangaratta Vic 3677, ph 0478 195 696.

The hooks themselves are made from 1/4 inch stainless steel, grade unknown, they do not have a very sharp point, but rather a nice rounded point, the finish is very shiny and smooth, what I would say is an excellent product.
The service was fantastic, as I ordered them on Tuesday night at around 8.30 to 9 pm, a little later that night I had an email telling me they were in the post, complete with tracking number. They turned up on Thursday morning mail truck, and I had them in my hand at 11.30. I didn't think that Aust post could work that quick. They turned up in one of those "nearly impossible to get into" parcel post bags.

This mob sell other stuff as well, I don't have a web site, and cant even remember how I found them on Ebay as I am not that good on one of these contraptions. I just searched for Butchers hooks, and eventually ended up at these ones.

Other places are asking from twice as much per item, to 5 times as much, some of the postage is rediculess, working out at around 10 to 15 bucks to post them. Our local hardware is charging more than 15.00 for two, and they aren't a scratch on the quality of these ones. I guess it really does pay to shop around.

I very much doubt I could even buy the stainless rod, let along make them and polish them for anywhere near the price.
002 (Medium).JPG
003 (Medium).JPG
curan
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 30/30

Re: Have a butchers

Post by curan »

Camel wrote:........ Had my first foray into Ebay last Tuesday night ............
...........and so it begins......... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
barryb
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 17 ackley hornet

Post by barryb »

Camel - look really good , I note 6" in length but can you give me the inside measurement of the "hook" so I can check if they would fit over the rack of the Navara ??
Thanks
BarryB
Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: 20-222 6x47 rem, 250

Post by Camel »

Would be around 50mm mate, but can check for you later on.
barryb
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 17 ackley hornet

Post by barryb »

That's OK Mark - I'll be getting in touch with them tomorrow & will check with them before I order. Appreciate the contact
BarryB