boyds stocks

Scopes, Range finders, Binoculars, Bipods etc etc. Discuss them all here!
17hmr
.243 Winchester

boyds stocks

Post by 17hmr »

Hi, what is the waiting time on a boyds stock? reason i ask is i bought a stock from boyds for my hmr, ordered about 2 1/2 weeks ago. got the tracking number and according to ups it left chicago headed here on the 9th, 2 weeks ago. still hasnt arrived in australia and according to the delievery it should only take 5 days. should I be worried? I couldnt find anything on the gun registry saying I needed a permit to import the stock. Do I?? ive contacted boyds but heard nothing. Cheers for any advice.
Paul
lowndsie
Favourite Cartridge: N/A

Re: boyds stocks

Post by lowndsie »

It's been a while since I ordered a Boyds but over the last two years I've ordered four of them. All of them turned up remarkably quick. I never had any problems with customs. I'd give it another week or so. Sometimes there's a fair delay with these sorts of items.
daisy
.308 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 7-08

Post by daisy »

Ordered a stock for a Rem 700 on the 4th. It arrived 18th cost with $10.00 US off was $150.00 including shipping & credit card.

Nice stock for the money.

Daisy
trevort
Spud Gun
Favourite Cartridge: Tater

Post by trevort »

I just ordered a Richards Microfit. The registry recommended a b709 in case customs opened it and held it up
Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: 20-222 6x47 rem, 250

Post by Camel »

Got one to fit Zastava M85 a couple of weeks ago, only took 7 days from posting till delivery in western nsw.
Vermingone
.204 Ruger
Favourite Cartridge: 243 ai

Post by Vermingone »

I got a thumbhole in forest camo and I think it took about 20 odd days.
Well worth the wait I really like mine and get plenty of comments even tempted a few others into getting some for their own :lol:
xa-coupe
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: 223

Post by xa-coupe »

Customs can and will hold it up for no real reason ( other than to jerk you around ). Mine had Howa written on the outside so they held it up as it may have had a gun part in it. God forbid they opened it and looked at it. A call had to be placed to a supervisor and it got moved on. Others have had them sail though.
I'd give it another week and then call.
17hmr
.243 Winchester

Post by 17hmr »

thanks for the advice fellas. Ill give it another week.
Sako Sam
Favourite Cartridge: 20 Tactical

Post by Sako Sam »

From memory I think mine took nearly 3 weeks to arrive at customs and looking at the tracking info was released the same day. When it arrived there was a note inside the package saying it had been opened and inspected by aus customs. I guess when they opened they realised it was a harmless lump of laminated wood and got it out of there.
17hmr
.243 Winchester

Post by 17hmr »

chased it up with boyds as im impatient, got an email back saying to wait till about this time next month, and if nothing has arrived to get back to them. Not too happy with that as I got my TOZ order within a week of ordering. Why cant other places be the same?
V|PeR
.22 WMR
Favourite Cartridge: .22

Post by V|PeR »

trevort wrote:I just ordered a Richards Microfit. The registry recommended a b709 in case customs opened it and held it up
be interested in what you think of it when it arrives
hobbygodz
.22 WMR
Favourite Cartridge: 12g

Post by hobbygodz »

I have three Boyd's in my collection. From memory each arrived in under 2 weeks but International shipping does sometimes vary way outside the norm. I waited close to 2 months for a fishing reel from the US sent via "priority" int'l mail.:evil: . Like you Paul, I can't stand waiting for stuff to arrive. I want it now.(yesterday).
be interested in what you think of it when it arrives
Yeah, me too. Been looking/thinking of a Richards stock myself.
juzz338
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: n/a

Post by juzz338 »

i have a richards micro fit and if you do not like waiting do not order one other than that it came as described
Langers
Favourite Cartridge: .243

Post by Langers »

Hey Paul,

I ordered my Thumbhole stock from Boyd's on the 17th of this month, It arrived in country on the 24th, i chased it down with Australia Post last Friday and it still sitting at customs apparently. Hopefully it will get released some time next week and eventually lob up. Will let you know when it finally gets here, hope yours is not to far away.

Langers
17hmr
.243 Winchester

Post by 17hmr »

got mine today langers, just over 3 weeks since ordered.