Finally a fox that was willing to play

dashooter
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: Wby Magnum's :)

Finally a fox that was willing to play

Post by dashooter »

Out again this evening on a local permission. Rabbit numbers are down but I’ve taken 30 or more in the last 3 trips so wasn’t expecting a whole lot.
Knocked a couple over in the first few minutes and then spend the next 45 chewing the fat with the property owner catching up on what had been going on around the joint.
Back into it with a couple more rabbits before heading back towards the car I spotted my first willing fox (well maybe he wasn’t willing but he was available and getting closer).
Set myself up and waited for him (hopefully) to walk closer towards me.
It was great watching him poke along stopping to sniff and mark his territory thru the thermal. Decided he was definitely coming my way so worked out where I wanted to stop him and then waited for him to walk into the slot.
I adjusted my weight just as he went behind the tree and he paused for a second and I thought I’d blown it but thankfully he kept coming out the other side and I prepared to take the shot within a few more steps.
I twisted my foot on the gravel just enough to get his attention and he pulled up trying to work out what it (I) was from 50 m away.
The cross hairs settled on his forehead and the trigger released dropping him to the ground without as much as a twitch.
Quietly uttered a ‘yes, finally’ and there was a little fist pump as well.
Made my way over to check him out and was joined by the family of horses that reside in the adjoining paddock to see what was going on.
Took the obligatory picatures and geez he had a lot of claret that had leaked out his ear and pooled on the ground.
Pleased with the effort I started heading back to the car and on the way spotted a mouse. He didn’t last long. A lot smaller than I thought (or looked through the scope).
Didn’t see anything else so packed up and headed home for the video editing (link below pics).

Thanks for reading.

Rob.

https://youtu.be/tFcp3c4NgiU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mn1863
.222 Remington

Re: Finally a fox that was willing to play

Post by mn1863 »

Good effort with the fox, your 25 cal is a very emphatic killer. 👍
dashooter
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: Wby Magnum's :)

Re: Finally a fox that was willing to play

Post by dashooter »

mn1863 wrote:Good effort with the fox, your 25 cal is a very emphatic killer. Image
Thanks. I’m really enjoying it and testing it to its limits. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk