Bunny busting with the FX

dashooter
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: Wby Magnum's :)

Bunny busting with the FX

Post by dashooter »

Been a while since I’d been out to this place, probably close to 4 months due to work and other commitments (cod fishing etc) so wasn’t sure what to expect game wise.
Was surprised to see the rabbits had made a comeback in a big way (compared to last time) so didn’t waste anytime getting into them. Most of the shooting was in a stretch of land about 200m long and about 50-80 yards wide. Small considering the block is 100 acres.
The Rico RL42 on the FX Dreamline paired with a Lynx LH19 as a spotter is great for this sort of work. The spotter is a wide field of view so your not scanning as hard and the Rico RL42 just works for this and longer stuff. The .25 cal FX Dreamline is just a beast. Point it at most things out to 60 yards and they just die (if you do your bit).
The more I use it the more I love it. Don’t really see the need for a .22 anymore.
The great thing about thermal is you can walk round without spiking most things unless you make too much noise or the smell you.
Also you can observe everything without tipping them off so it’s a great tool for learning habits of animals.
Anyway enough talking. Here’s the video from the night including a 2 4 1 on a pair that look close together but were actually about 1.5 meters apart. The pic in the video doesn’t show it well as it misses the bottom of the photo.

https://youtu.be/JLfBxvtvmyg

Thanks for watching.

Cheers,
Rob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daisy
.308 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 7-08

Re: Bunny busting with the FX

Post by daisy »

Well that combo is working a treat. Well done
deekay
.22 WMR
Favourite Cartridge: 30/06

Post by deekay »

Nice, I like the 2 for 1 shot
dashooter
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by dashooter »

daisy wrote:Well that combo is working a treat. Well done
So much better with the 20 moa rail now it’s actually zero’d to the middle of the cross hair. No more trying to count down 4.5 hash marks while keeping on target. Image

dashooter
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by dashooter »

deekay wrote:Nice, I like the 2 for 1 shot
Thanks. I thought I had missed the opportunity there but they gratefully obliged.

B4408
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 20VT

Post by B4408 »

You have it working well now. Looking forward to getting my Maverick, what scope is the hard question. The Rl 42 is very clear.

Bruce
dashooter
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by dashooter »

B4408 wrote:You have it working well now. Looking forward to getting my Maverick, what scope is the hard question. The Rl 42 is very clear.

Bruce
Thanks Bruce. It’s very clear on base mag and then like all things digital gets a bit grainier/pixelated as you go up in zoom.
I larger size sensor would help in some regard with that issue but you pay more for the privilege and it still gets pixelated but not quite as bad.
Best advise is to find something that has the base mag that will best suit your chosen usage. Lower base mag is good for improved field of view so your not moving so much trying to find the target in your field of view but any application of zoom will pixel earlier than going a higher base mag to start with. The trade off is you may struggle trying to acquire targets (previously found and moving) and lose opportunities on shots.

Tackleberry
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 17HMR

Post by Tackleberry »

Great piece of Kit and great video I am just so jealous I am lucky if I see one rabbit around here a month good shooting