.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: N/A

Is everybody OK in these crazy times?

Post by LWR58 »

It’s very quiet out there in airgun land

Is anything happening ?
Andrew T
Favourite Cartridge: .177

Re: Is everybody OK in these crazy times?

Post by Andrew T »

Hi Lewis,

The air guns have become safe queens, can't use em due to lockdown.

Although the new craze is gel blasters, particularly where you are, I started collecting them, so much fun and you can sometimes use them in your own backyard.

I know it's second rate next to our air guns but at least we can get some sort of trigger time from home.

Some of them are exact replicas like a SCAR and fitted with real metal EoTech sights the kids feel like they're shooting one of their favourite gaming guns, it's quite addictive.

They are from airsoft manufacturers that make em for the Aussie market using the gel ammo, full metal electric powered but now they are bringing in CO2 powered which I think will the nail in the coffin for them, too much realism with full auto replica pistols etc.

But you and I both know from all our experience over the years it will be short lived as this nanny country will surely ban them sooner or later, all it will take is some idiot using plastic BB's in them and then that'll be it.
kickinback
50 BMG
Favourite Cartridge: 260 Rem

Post by kickinback »

LWR58 wrote:It’s very quiet out there in airgun land

Is anything happening ?
Well, I’m in the throes of entering the air rifle market as soon as the lockdown ends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old Trev-39
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: .284Win

Post by Old Trev-39 »

Any one interested ? I have a Feimwerkbau 600. Private contact for details.
Cheers,
Trevor.
The Raven
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: .270 Win

Post by The Raven »

LWR58 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:16 am It’s very quiet out there in airgun land

Is anything happening ?
Can't use mine at the moment, afraid it may inhale some covid.
LWR58
.17 HMR

Post by LWR58 »

Andrew T wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:52 am Hi Lewis,

The air guns have become safe queens, can't use em due to lockdown.

Although the new craze is gel blasters, particularly where you are, I started collecting them, so much fun and you can sometimes use them in your own backyard.

I know it's second rate next to our air guns but at least we can get some sort of trigger time from home.

Some of them are exact replicas like a SCAR and fitted with real metal EoTech sights the kids feel like they're shooting one of their favourite gaming guns, it's quite addictive.

They are from airsoft manufacturers that make em for the Aussie market using the gel ammo, full metal electric powered but now they are bringing in CO2 powered which I think will the nail in the coffin for them, too much realism with full auto replica pistols etc.

But you and I both know from all our experience over the years it will be short lived as this nanny country will surely ban them sooner or later, all it will take is some idiot using plastic BB's in them and then that'll be it.
Hi Andrew
Good to hear from you again
Angus went through the gel blaster phase but is now back with airguns again
I see they arrested some imbeciles with gel blasters shooting at people at Werribee I think
LWR58
.17 HMR

Post by LWR58 »

kickinback wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:04 pm
LWR58 wrote:It’s very quiet out there in airgun land

Is anything happening ?
Well, I’m in the throes of entering the air rifle market as soon as the lockdown ends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Excellent!
Andrew T
Favourite Cartridge: .177

Post by Andrew T »

LWR58 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:26 am
Hi Andrew
I see they arrested some imbeciles with gel blasters shooting at people at Werribee I think

I spoke too soon, the idiots are already ruining it for us, in Vic these are illegal to own as they come under the replica category which I'm licensed for but we are trying to legalize them, no chance in hell with incidents like this.

Hey Lewis,

I remember you sometimes used to travel to Melb, if ever you do again, you gotta look me up and visit, even if it's a short lunch out somewhere, of course when all this is over, prob next year sometime if you have plans that is.
Rabbitz
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 222

Post by Rabbitz »

I recent times we have had an infestation of Indian Mynahs. 20 or 30 at at time end up in our back garden.

I put a scope on one of my lower power springers and got it sighted in last time I was out at the farm. Time for a cull.

It was not to be.

While setting up I was watching their behaviour to work out where I could conceal myself and still get a clear corridor and have a safe background. They were concentrated around the wife's rose garden, climbing on the rose stems.

The buggers were eating the aphids. So they got a reprieve because they were helping...
LWR58
.17 HMR

Post by LWR58 »

Andrew T wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:41 am
LWR58 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:26 am
Hi Andrew

I spoke too soon, the idiots are already ruining it for us, in Vic these are illegal to own as they come under the replica category which I'm licensed for but we are trying to legalize them, no chance in hell with incidents like this.

Hey Lewis,

I remember you sometimes used to travel to Melb, if ever you do again, you gotta look me up and visit, even if it's a short lunch out somewhere, of course when all this is over, prob next year sometime if you have plans that is.

I’d love to catch up next time I’m down there Andrew
bimbo
300 Win Mag
Favourite Cartridge: 17HH

Post by bimbo »

Not much shooting going on here either but our ssaa range is now open via booking a particular timeslot so might go and have a shot next weekend.
What shop are you working at now Lewis? I need to get some 20 cal pellets for my Marksman

Cheers
James
LWR58
.17 HMR

Post by LWR58 »

Hi James
I’m at Queensland Gun Exchange
My workshop is there.

Thanks
Lewis
trevort
Spud Gun
Favourite Cartridge: Tater

Post by trevort »

Rabbitz wrote:I recent times we have had an infestation of Indian Mynahs. 20 or 30 at at time end up in our back garden.

I put a scope on one of my lower power springers and got it sighted in last time I was out at the farm. Time for a cull.

It was not to be.

While setting up I was watching their behaviour to work out where I could conceal myself and still get a clear corridor and have a safe background. They were concentrated around the wife's rose garden, climbing on the rose stems.

The buggers were eating the aphids. So they got a reprieve because they were helping...
You can spray aphids. Shoot the bloody mynahs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rabbitz
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 222

Post by Rabbitz »

trevort wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:36 pm You can spray aphids. Shoot the bloody mynahs
Precisely my opening gambit in the discussion that followed...

Let's see what happens when Mrs Rabz has an excursion to work in the office...
RayG
22-250 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 375H&H

Post by RayG »

Hi Lewis,
Things down here in South Oz have been a bit crazy over the last few months the Covid thing has really messed the place up and we went to ground for quite sometime.
I pity the Victorians in their dilemma,but it may be easing a little now.
We have been lucky here as the lock down was no where near the plight over the border.
Fortunately things are again active in our pest control biz so the ol' AG,s are getting some good work. I was getting very bored.
Incidentally I need to have a chat with you about an AG service and other things.
Is it ok to contact you at your Gun exchange address as I have changed phones and lost all my records including your phone number.
Regards,
Ray.