What have you all been doing lately?

LWR58
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: N/A

What have you all been doing lately?

Post by LWR58 »

I’ve been fixing all sorts of airguns

I also spent a very enjoyable afternoon at the range with my son shooting real firearms!
Andrew T
Favourite Cartridge: .177

Re: What have you all been doing lately?

Post by Andrew T »

Well it has been quiet here on the forum hasn't it.

While you've been fixing real air guns I've been playing with non real guns.

The new craze of gel ball guns.

Can't always get out of Melbourne to the country cause finding permissions to shoot on is so scarce now so I bought quite a few gel guns to muck around with the kids in the back yard and some to keep as collectables because they are so beautifully made and realistic.

I've been watching business' like Tactical Edge Hobbies and Armoured Heaven have all their stock seized by customs and be shut down.

They then went through all the courts over the last couple of years and won the fight to import and sell gel guns.

Reality is they're allowed to be sold really only in QLD as they are full on replica's and not permitted in Vic where I live but the boys will send to all states and the onus is on the buyer in regards to the law.

My son has a single shot sniper rifle and sometimes he's put some bread on the lawn and lies down in his room with the sliding door open waiting for a bird to snipe! (wont hurt a bird) but gives him great shooting experience right out of his bedroom.

They are so much fun and hopefully the first step towards legalizing air soft.
LWR58
.17 HMR

Post by LWR58 »

Angus is into GB’s too

Nothing is safe!
Andrew T
Favourite Cartridge: .177

Post by Andrew T »

Lewis,

I was fossicking around over Easter and going through my gun cupboards and safes etc just having a play.

And discovered all those spare stocks I have left over from all those times I had guns sent to me by you.

One of them is a brand new R 7 stock which has been wrapped up and hasn't seen the light of day for the last 25 years and I remember at the time you made comment on one of those three R 7's you sent me that one had such a striking stock, well at the time I was so into custom walnut never gave it a second thought.

Upon seeing now I realize how right you were, It has the most amazingly figured wood of any factory beech timber I have ever seen, did a quick google search on Beeman R7 images and nothing comes close.

I think I see another project coming on, hmm, a fully engraved R 7 action into that stock, nah, done that, may-be good ole factory action it to keep it all original.

Will do pic's in the near future once I figure out which path it will take.
LWR58
.17 HMR

Post by LWR58 »

I vaguely remember that Andrew
I’ll always take it