New to Me

stinkitup
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 6.5x55

New to Me

Post by stinkitup »

HW97K .177
HW97KSmall.jpg
Picked this up last night on the way home from Sydney.

Matt has done a number on it with new spring and tidy up etc so it is under 12ft/lbs.

Sold my R9 in .20 to Lewis. Pretty apprehensive to see it go but looking at the targets so far it is putting Cometa/JSB's into pretty much a single hole at 10m and same with the H&N FTT's if I do my part a few flyers there some shot sitting on a bucket and some prone (bottom left).
HW97K_First Target.jpg
Tomorrow night might see the trigger come out and get tidied up as it is a little creepy in the second stage. I like the 2 stage of the Rekord to feel the end of the first then let go crisply seems to work well on the target course.

Anyway will see how it performs in my hands in the coming months.

Sorting out a decent scope soon.

Big thanks to Matt and Geoff from Airgun sports Australia for helping me spend my cash :lol: :lol: Nah seriously so far initial impressions are it is super smooth in recoil and seems to have a very quick shot cycle. Oh and James since I shot his at Hornsby in May got me thinking :D
Ol 55
.308 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 20 PPC

Re: New to Me

Post by Ol 55 »

Nice Ryan
I'm sure you will enjoy shooting it as they are extremely accurate.
I'm still having a love hate relationship with mine BUT I will admit that I don't shoot it enough for things to improve just like shooting my EV2 to much.
Cheers
Ol 55
stinkitup
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by stinkitup »

Thanks Gary. I don't know if its the weight and weight distribution but feels better in the hand compared to my r9 although it shot very well too.

Hoping this springer can give a few with pcps a touch up .already pretty sure most issues will be with this nut behind the butt lol. Will keep running pellets through it to bed it in. Gary is yours standard or be tidied up?
Ol 55
.308 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 20 PPC

Post by Ol 55 »

Been tidied up by the same bloke mate.
Bit of a guru on them.
Ol 55.
B4408
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 20VT

Post by B4408 »

Looking good Ryan, hope to get a go sometime.

Bruce
stinkitup
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by stinkitup »

Bruce if i was around for the 17th shoot at Newey you would be welcome to try. I'm sure we will catch up somewhere. Will bring it down to Yass no doubt.