New kit.

JWD
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: .177

New kit.

Post by JWD »

Great little piece of kit I picked up to support nightime activities. Small, light, and amazingly bright. Has a quick focus option that allows you switch between spot and flood. Takes 2 seconds.to attach and remove. Going to try this out for shooting at shorter range targets at Hornsby at night (floodlights dont illuminate the near ground).
Attachments
2016-02-19 12.47.06.jpg
stinkitup
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 6.5x55

Re: New kit.

Post by stinkitup »

Very nice!

reminds me I need to sort a new gun mount as one of my torches has grown legs.

Ryan
mattw975
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: N/A

Post by mattw975 »

Is it a LED Lenser James ?
JWD wrote:Great little piece of kit I picked up to support nightime activities. Small, light, and amazingly bright. Has a quick focus option that allows you switch between spot and flood. Takes 2 seconds.to attach and remove. Going to try this out for shooting at shorter range targets at Hornsby at night (floodlights dont illuminate the near ground).
grmkc
.220 Swift
Favourite Cartridge: 204 Ruger

Post by grmkc »

Looks like it Matt. Sitting on a Cometa you can buy WITHOUT a license and I bet there's a can at the front.
I have a similar pic rail arrangem e nt on all my IR and LED torches now. As you say, 2 seconds process.
curan
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 30/30

Post by curan »

grmkc wrote:Looks like it Matt. Sitting on a Cometa you can buy WITHOUT a license and I bet there's a can at the front...(snip)...
Huh? Tell me more.... please?

.... whoops, no don't worry. We're talking about our lucky mates across the ditch, aren't we.....
JWD
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: .177

Post by JWD »

LED Lenser P7. The torch has a clamp with a male piccatinny fitting. The other fitting (that goes on the scope) is a normal picatinny scope ring mounted upside down. Works well ans can be added and removed easily.

No can on this one (not sure how much point for a springer) but the cometa comes with a factory muzzle break. Not a bad rifle overall.
Attachments
2016-02-15 22.38.39_resized_1.jpg
grmkc
.220 Swift
Favourite Cartridge: 204 Ruger

Post by grmkc »

Looks like you're doing it tough and sleeping rough. :lol: A thermarest of sorts JWD?
Yrrah
.204 Ruger
Favourite Cartridge: .25 JSB King

Post by Yrrah »

Have had a P7 for some years and find it OK on strong beam to 50+ yards.
Did have a problem - it kept glowing after switch-off and shortened battery life. Had my Dealer send it off and it came back perfect, no charge.
Compact and light. It gets plenty of use at the farm. ... Kind regards, Harry.