Field Target Competition - Hornsby Range 2nd May 2015

mattw975
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: N/A

Field Target Competition - Hornsby Range 2nd May 2015

Post by mattw975 »

Looking like a monthly event :)

Now that we've got one successful event under our belt it's time to put that experience to good use and organise another comp.

I think organising these on a monthly basis is about right and keeps people keen.

Details below
Hornsby Field Target Social comp - all Welcome
Date: Sat 2nd May
Time: Arrive from 12:00 for a 1pm kickoff
Venue: North Sydney Smallbore and Air Rifle Club (part of Hornsby Rifle Range Complex, Rosamond St Hornsby)

Conduct of the day
Now that we've bedded down the way to run an event like this I want to try a few new components. It's still a fun comp but I will try and organise a chronograph so shooters can get an idea of what they're using, and break shooters into under/over 12ft lbs categories. As with last time, its a friendly match with participation and creation of interest as the main goal of the day but making it a little more competitive for the more keen shooters. We're also looking at some options for a faster format to increase the challenge and give you more time shooting and less time shuffling.

Hornsby Smallbore and Air Rifle Club is an all weather outdoor 50m range with a covered firing point so the event can still proceed if the weather is poor.

Costs
Cost for the day is $25 to cover range expenses, wear and tear on the targets, and a post match BBQ.

Refreshments
The club will provide the venue, and a BBQ afterwards.
Tea and coffee making facilities on site.
Soft drinks and snacks are available for purchase.

Equipment required
You need to bring your own air rifle and pellets. The club has a small supply of RWS Meister Kugeln pellets for sale if needed and I will see if I can organise some pellets for sale.

We have 12 targets of different styles as well as some spinners and paper targets for sighting in.

Bookings
If you would like to attend the day, please email enquiries@northsydneysmallbore.org.au with the following information.

Subject Field target air rifle comp
Name:
Licence holder or P650:
Own equipment?

This will all be kept confidential and will allow me to get an idea of numbers.
curan
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 30/30

Re: Field Target Competition - Hornsby Range 2nd May 2015

Post by curan »

mattw975 wrote:Looking like a monthly event :).........(snip)......
Well done! 8)