BSA R-10 Mk2 Air Rifles

RayG
22-250 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 375H&H

BSA R-10 Mk2 Air Rifles

Post by RayG »

Who has seen or handled or shot a new BSA R-10 Mk2 PCP rifle recently? I have been chatting to my Pommy forum mates and they are well pleased with the current R10.
Having not seen or heard anything new about BSA airguns or agents for them in Oz of late is why I am asking.
Any comments?
Ray.
mn1863
.222 Remington

Re: BSA R-10 Mk2 Air Rifles

Post by mn1863 »

The latest SSAA Mag and guns Australia had articles on the BSA air guns. The r10 was in the SSAA one.

Tasco is now importing them I believe. They do look pretty good and shot pretty well.
Last edited by mn1863 on Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
curan
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 30/30

Post by curan »

Perhaps our Kiwi cousins may have seen them in action?

I certainly saw some stuff in Wellington that I had never seen in Australia.......

Are you out there Adam?
RayG
22-250 Remington

Post by RayG »

many thanks guys. I will expand my research,
rizzla

Post by rizzla »

These are absolutely amazing air rifles!!!! I have the bull barrel version and awaiting the customs transfer papers to clear before I can finally shoot it again- ( I have emigrated from England)
They are an absolute pleasure to own, easy to maintain and above all else an amazing shot!!!
I got the tactical version which has a rubberized black coating for the foul weather back home... For here I would definitely have the walnut version it is much easier on the eye.
Now when it comes to shooting I can tell you the rifle is far more accurate than I was and by that I mean when on a bench rest at 40 yards it would put pellet on pellet continuously until you lose presume which is 80 shots in 177 @ 12ft pound if you want to turn the wick up the suggestion from john bowkett was to only go to 22ft pound any more and you will see a dramatic difference in accuracy.
.177 at 12ft pound was getting me clean kills out to about 60 yards (no wind and in prone position)

Bull barrel version is a must as it reduces noise without the aid of silencer!!!
If you are interested in seeing touching feeling and shooting one PM me I am only more than happy to let you play when I finally get it cleared at customs..... Just don't do anything silly like hold your breath as it has already been Several weeks...
All the best Ryan
rizzla

Post by rizzla »

I will find my pictures and upload as well!!
curan
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by curan »

rizzla wrote:I will find my pictures and upload as well!!
I'm very much interested in seeing the pictures. Thanks!
RayG
22-250 Remington

Post by RayG »

Welcome to OZ Rizz! Thanks for your comments on your rifle.
I too would like to see the pix of your R10 version,
Cheers, Ray.
rizzla

Post by rizzla »

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420898843.737861.jpg
(78.06 KiB) Downloaded 63 times
This limited edition model looks mint!!!
RayG
22-250 Remington

Post by RayG »

Now that does look rather slick. Thats the trouble the Brits are very spoiled for choice in most of the air rifles available there.
While we down here in the antipodes are lucky if someone bothers to get an agency for something like the Beezas. To be fair there are a couple of other major brands represented here too.
I must say though that there is one firm (Tasco Australia) who have taken the trouble to get an agency for BSA in recent times.
prior to them taking action there had not been a proper BSA agent in OZ for quite a while.
Ray.
rizzla

Post by rizzla »

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420967834.141920.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420967801.774551.jpg
These are not the best pics of the rifle...but they were definitely a good couple of days!! Exact same spot about 3 months apart from memory
I'll keep digging because I have some nicer ones after the bowkett tune!
rizzla

Post by rizzla »

RayG wrote:Now that does look rather slick. Thats the trouble the Brits are very spoiled for choice in most of the air rifles available there.
While we down here in the antipodes are lucky if someone bothers to get an agency for something like the Beezas. To be fair there are a couple of other major brands represented here too.
I must say though that there is one firm (Tasco Australia) who have taken the trouble to get an agency for BSA in recent times.
prior to them taking action there had not been a proper BSA agent in OZ for quite a while.
Ray.
Your absolutely right ray England is spoiled for choice!!
I think this is due to the laws being vastly different. Anyone 18+ can purchase an air rifle with some ID and an address the rifle must not produce more than 12 ft pound of energy. So there is an immediate market. If you want something over 12 ft pound you must apply for your FAC.
I guess because you must get your licence here regardless of power rating nobody bothers with them. People often have the misconception that they are a toy and nothing more and as they have to pay for licensing anyway they might as well get a rim fire. Hence nobody pushes to import...
I always seem to go back to my air rifle as there is a lot of skill involved with the craft of hunting. You must remain whisper quiet, camouflage is a must and you must be able to stalk to within 30 yards for a absolute kill.
It is a shame because they are such brilliant rifles and I would love to see them over here!!!
RayG
22-250 Remington

Post by RayG »

That is a couple of good shoots on the Woodies mate. Pity you wont find em like that here.
But we do have our compensations. I see your rifle is an all weather synthetic job, excellent for the UK climate and here for sure.
Many moons ago I misspent some of my youth working for a press photo agency in London and the guy that owned the business
ran a private shoot on his Paters land in Kent. I had some great shooting times both driven and rough shoots plus plenty of airgun sport over the 4 years I was there.
They were great times.
I will get myself into gear and check with the BSA agent here as to what models they will import for our shooting pleasure.
Cheers, Ray
daisy
.308 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 7-08

Post by daisy »

My toys

curan
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by curan »

rizzla wrote:.........Your absolutely right ray England is spoiled for choice!! ...........snip.........
Our kiwi mates across the ditch don't do too badly either!

Thanks for the photos Rizzla....