More pellet slow motion analysis from .177 JSB 8.4 gr at 71

Yrrah
.204 Ruger
Favourite Cartridge: .25 JSB King

More pellet slow motion analysis from .177 JSB 8.4 gr at 71

Post by Yrrah »

Some explanation:
Range 71 yards.
5 shots JSB 8.4 gr at 880 fps 14.4 fpe from RAW TM 1000 rifle S/N TM0082.
No spiral at this velocity/power in any breeze noted yet with these pellets from this rifle.
No fliers. #3 aimed as for #1 and#2 shots but drifted by a 9:00 wind change.
#4 shot aimed off for wind correction.
#5 shot aimed off less and a little higher for wind switch to 10:30.
POA a 1.10- inch hole in the plough disc.
Three different scope and camera settings were experimented with in this sequence.

Hopefully one of these links will work for you. I tried to embed it from UTube but failed.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/ ... 949d47.mp4

http://smg.beta.photobucket.com/user/Ky ... 7.mp4.html

Please let me know if you can view it or I'm wasting our time. .... Kind regards, Harry.
daisy
.308 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 7-08

Re: More pellet slow motion analysis from .177 JSB 8.4 gr at

Post by daisy »

Ya Harry I can see them fine. Same you didn't shoot any of those little bugs going across the plow disc.

Daisy
cj7hawk
Favourite Cartridge: Air

Post by cj7hawk »

I'd swear you're sniping mosquitoes on the wing....

Nice video :)

David
greyskull
Favourite Cartridge: JSB EXACT 4.52mm

Post by greyskull »

Hiya Harry,
A belated comment.

I could swear I spotted the pellet tail stepping out as it left the muzzle on a couple of the shots. It was where the thick post was not obscuring the early stage flight.

If the camer focus was altered to concentrate on that early stage just as it leaves the muzzle do you think it would pick up any initial yaw?

I got a theory little .177 pellets do this out to about 25 yards then "go to sleep". Only ever seen it when shooting paper with a proven match rifle that will cloverleaf at 55 yards, but won't give a one hole group at close range.

Wwould be keen if you are doing any further .177 work in future, to see a set where the camera picks up the first 20 yards or so. I use the same JSB 8.44gr pellet out of an Anschutz match barrel at 800 fps.

kind regards
Yrrah
.204 Ruger
Favourite Cartridge: .25 JSB King

Post by Yrrah »

greyskull wrote:Hiya Harry,
A belated comment.

I could swear I spotted the pellet tail stepping out as it left the muzzle on a couple of the shots. It was where the thick post was not obscuring the early stage flight.

If the camer focus was altered to concentrate on that early stage just as it leaves the muzzle do you think it would pick up any initial yaw?

I got a theory little .177 pellets do this out to about 25 yards then "go to sleep". Only ever seen it when shooting paper with a proven match rifle that will cloverleaf at 55 yards, but won't give a one hole group at close range.

Would be keen if you are doing any further .177 work in future, to see a set where the camera picks up the first 20 yards or so. I use the same JSB 8.44gr pellet out of an Anschutz match barrel at 800 fps.

kind regards
These were taken at 25 yards shooting .177 Polymags from the TM1000. With a little thought I think I could do much better by backing off on the Scope and camera zoom powers and focusing the scope to 2/3 the distance say 15 yards for a 25 yd shot.
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Kyogle/ ... 6.mp4.html

For pretty/stable flight I think it would be hard to beat the .25 JSB Kings shot from my FX Elite: 51 yards
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Kyogle/ ... c.mp4.html

When my foot is healed and I can get back to the farm I'll try to remember to see what I can do.
Best regards, Harry.