Harry's FX Crown ; and some silent words about AusPost.

Gavin M
.22 WMR
Favourite Cartridge: n/a

Re: Harry's FX Crown ; and some silent words about AusPost.

Post by Gavin M »

First off Harry I would not call it a service. It's a disgrace. It takes 10 days for me to get mail to the NSW firearms registry and it's only 2 1/2 hours drive away.
Quicker on a push bike.
That barrel should be shoved that far up his arse it comes out hes Crown.

When you do get it sorted I'm really looking forward to your findings on the 25 cal twist rates. Did you get liners ? What do you think will be the best twist rate for the 33 grain MK11s?

Well I hope there is no other damage. I can't understand why FX did not send it in a hard case. The Royal and Impact have them. Surely the Crown does. They do in the USA.

All the best Harry.
Yrrah
.204 Ruger
Favourite Cartridge: .25 JSB King

Post by Yrrah »

The first 50 Crowns went out from the factory without hard cases. From there on I understand they will have hard cases.

Although barrel liners have been made and tested in different twist rates I understand that they won't be available on the market until Xmas or January. No I only have the rifle a .25 with 1:28 twist I believe. I think Fredrik decided that was it for the 25.4 gr Kings and it still does well with the heavier pellets. Not sure what twist he is using for the .30 cal Crown.

I don't have any Heavy Mk 11s so cannot measure them up to calculate a twist rate.
I figure the .22 cal 33.9 gr Beasts will need about 1:14" twist. They do OK from my 1:17 Hornet out to about 40 yards then they lost it. In wind at 100 yards they are a scatter gun. I hope to have Fredrik send me 1:14 and perhaps a 1:12 when he gets time to scratch himself. If I can get those .22 Beasts going I feel we will see something special in bc and in longer range shooting. However it will take a bit of punch to get that wt .22 shooting up and over 50 fpe.

Note that I think the Impacts that were up near the top in that AOA shot were wearing STX barrels.

We leave home for the farm at 3:00 am in the morning. I will pick up the Crown in Uralla on Tuesday.

Best regards, Harry.
Gavin M
.22 WMR
Favourite Cartridge: n/a

Post by Gavin M »

Harry I have some 33.95 MK11 pellets if you want a tin. They are good in my Impact out 90- 100 meters then they spiral. Had no luck with the MK1 but a few guys in the US do. The 25s are spot on. The MK11 do seem to have a wide skirt. They are tight going in the breach.

I have 2 mates that have the 25 Crown on order and we are looking forward to finding the right twist rate for the 33.95 MK11 pellet.
I would like to put a 700mm STX barrel on my Impact for the MK11 pellet.
That would bring it up to 880-900 fps.

Pm me if you would like a tin of the MK11s.
Yrrah
.204 Ruger
Favourite Cartridge: .25 JSB King

Post by Yrrah »

Thank you Gavin. I already owe you one.
Michael down in Mornington has also offered. Surely Bruce Quick or someone will import some soon.
It isn't urgent as the replacement barrel could take many weeks to reach me. Thanks for the offer. When the time comes I may get back to you. ... Best regards, Harry.