AIRGUN Field Target Competition - Hornsby Smallbore Range - Sun 21st May 2017

Waldo
.270 Winchester

Re: AIRGUN Field Target Competition - Hornsby Smallbore Range - Sun 21st May 2017

Post by Waldo »

Must admit target rifle doesn't interest me much but that looks kinda cool :D
JWD
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: .177

Re: AIRGUN Field Target Competition - Hornsby Smallbore Range - Sun 21st May 2017

Post by JWD »

Thanks Camel. There's a fair bit of extra clearance in the square tubes that is tightened up with bolts so someone would really have to try hard bending a star picket before it wouldn't fit.
JWD
.17 HMR

Post by JWD »

Come and give it a try Waldo. The best part about FT is you only get one crack at each target and you have to estimate the range so the skill is much more about being able to know how to put your first shot on target (like hunting) vs being able to do the same thing 60 times in a row.
JWD
.17 HMR

Post by JWD »

Good turnout today with 8 shooters. The new targets worked well and the box shroud concept definitely made putting out the targets and packing up much easier.

The pole mount targets worked well although the hard ground and the fact that the poles were a little long meant we couldn't put as many out in the 35m zones as originally planned.

Looking at some ground sockets we can drop the poles into for the next comp.

1st place - stonechucker (duh!)
2nd place - me
3rd place - Stinkitup

The club is definitely getting behind FT as a new shooter discipline and will invest in infrastructure if there are regular events so lets try and get this going as a monthly thing.

I can get the range basically any Sat and Sun arvo so its easy to organise provided we have interest from people in attending.

This in conjunction with Majura and Waratah will help get some real momentum for FT going in NSW.
2017-05-21 19.42.06_resized.jpg
Last edited by JWD on Sun May 21, 2017 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Youngy
Favourite Cartridge: N/A

Post by Youngy »

Thanks for organising JWD.

Superb job on the target shrouds also. I know a lot of time and effort went into those.

It was great to shoot with you guys again.

It's my daughters birthday party on 4th June so I unfortunately can't make it to Majura. Good luck and see you guys next round......
mrwoospigs
Favourite Cartridge: 303/270

Post by mrwoospigs »

Sorry I couldnt make it today.
I will try and make any days organised if they are outside of my roster.
stinkitup
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 6.5x55

Post by stinkitup »

Thanks again for your efforts James! Was a good day even with the bloody sun getting low.

Well done with the targets beyond 25m.

Have been thinking about the poles to leave in the ground. Going to look up krinner ground spikes. They go in with a impact driver and used as foundations hold down tents etc. Should last forever and be easy to just attach a post to whenever needed.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Stonechucker

Post by Stonechucker »

Back home safe :)

It was a great day and the target set-up worked really well. Great idea James
It was good to catch up with will everybody again.

Brad
JWD
.17 HMR

Post by JWD »

Glad you're home safe Brad. Big drive. Thanks for coming.

Those ground spikes look pretty good Ryan. Better than a concrete plug and pipe
stinkitup
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 6.5x55

Post by stinkitup »

There are a few different brands i think and would only need the shorter ones think 600 long.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

grmkc
.220 Swift
Favourite Cartridge: 204 Ruger

Post by grmkc »

JWD wrote: Sun May 21, 2017 10:45 pm Glad you're home safe Brad. Big drive. Thanks for coming.

Those ground spikes look pretty good Ryan. Better than a concrete plug and pipe
Goodness. That's a big drive?.... :stir: :p