A special barrel ... accurate and versatile.

The Raven
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: .270 Win

Re: A special barrel ... accurate and versatile.

Post by The Raven »

stinkitup wrote:
Yrrah wrote:
stinkitup wrote:My Grandfather was aircraft engineer for the Mossies running reconnaissance from Coomalie Creek.

Sorry like I said bit slow last night.
THAT IS history ....... :!: Sq87 also had Lockheed Lightnings later. I can always remember the first Lightning that flew over us at Cougal on the NSW/Qld border. They had an unmistakable whistle, presumably from the air intakes on the twin fuselages. ... later, Harry.
Yes the mossies are often the most overlooked aircraft of WW2. Everyone can have there Spitfires and Hurricanes, The Mossie had two 12 cylinder supercharged donks and was made from timber :D Could carry more bombs than the Yanks B17 and outrun the Zero's.

Now I have hijacked this again :( :lol: :lol:

Like I said feel free to drop in.

Ryan
Even Biggles flew one!
daisy
.308 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 7-08

Post by daisy »

Yrrah wrote:
daisy wrote:I hope that I can hit the steel like that tomorrow. ACT club shoot then Christmas party in the evening. Sunday we shoot NSW state CLAS rifle cal.

That FX is shooting well. I don't get the Excalibre out as much as I should.
Good luck for the shoot David.
What is "NSW state CLAS rifle cal." ? Cowboy lever action silhouette - rifle cal as 30/30 38/55 45/70-pistol cal 32/20 44 colt 44 mag 44/40 and rimfire class
Did/does Tumut have a shoot this year? I seem to be out of the loop this last couple of years. How is Graeme's grand daughter doing now? She should be out of school maybe at Uni now? Tumut was/is October I haven't gone the last 2 years. Grand daughter out of school and was thinking of going into police force. Heard Graeme has retired.
Yes, any miss with the FX Elite is shooter error and or wind reading error. I'd like to see Theo Cassidy shooting it at rimfire pigs. May not be enough pellets in a tin for a hit string! ........ Best regards, Harry.
I still remember Dann wacking those rams in the head.
Yrrah
.204 Ruger
Favourite Cartridge: .25 JSB King

Post by Yrrah »

I still remember Dann wacking those rams in the head.[/u][/quote]

This is the same rifle. ... You, Graeme and I saw Dann doing it ; Graeme did it too and I seem to remember you put one down.
Most would not believe a true off-shoulder shooter could put down the 100 metre rimfire rams with head shots with an airgun. Before I put it in Dann's hands I suspect he himself would have had misgivings. .............. Thanks for the info re Tumut. We were probably out on the Darling R or elsewhere. Maybe next year. If you see Graeme, Dann or Bret please give them my regards. ... H.