pumping a PCP?

mattw975
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: N/A

Re: pumping a PCP?

Post by mattw975 »

Waldo,

It depends what you want to do with the sluggy & what your budget is.

I bought a .22 LR purely to get range time, but hands down prefer the 10 Airguns I have in my safe's. I love PCP's for their tack driving capabilities & my tuned springers because as an engineer I love to keep on improving these self contained marvels.

I know if I do my bit, out to 50 yards all will group inside a 5 cent piece day in & day out :)

But also remember that once the gun is bought, an airgun pellet costs between 2 & 4 cents a pop which is a heck of a fun for not a lot of dough !!

Cheers,

Matt W

(Airgun Sports Australia)
mick_762
50 BMG
Favourite Cartridge: 308 Norma

Post by mick_762 »

mattw975 wrote: But also remember that once the gun is bought, an airgun pellet costs between 2 & 4 cents a pop which is a heck of a fun for not a lot of dough !!
Cheers,
Matt W
(Airgun Sports Australia)
Damn you for making sense Matt, I have been thinking of a air rifle for some time, but have kept telling myself that the .22 is cheap enough to run.

Mick
grmkc
.220 Swift
Favourite Cartridge: 204 Ruger

Post by grmkc »

Hey Mick.
I drive past Wodonga to shoot at the Hornsby comp every second month. Happy to stop by and let you have a go at the ARs. Isn't that a tempting offer? :wink: next trip early July.
Geoff
curan
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 30/30

Post by curan »

A mate recently got a Crossman semi auto CO2 rifle. Under $300. It has a 12 shot magazine that shoots as fast as you can pull the trigger. Won't put a .177 slug through corrogated iron, so it's perfect for killing rats and mice in his shed at about 10m - 15m. It takes the 12gm powerlet cylinders.

And yeah, it's not as accurate as a 10m target rifle, and it's nowhere near as powerful as my BSA Hornet, but rattling pellets through the cheap little Crossman is a lot of fun. :D
mattw975
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: N/A

Post by mattw975 »

Curan,

The Crosman 1077 is a great Plinker & the one I had was fettled up to 9 fpe & as you say a great barn gun.

It took many a rat in its time :)