Do I keep it ?

Talk about your Varmint Rifles and other firearms here!
MISSED
Favourite Cartridge: 20 PPC

Do I keep it ?

Post by MISSED »

So I bought a Rusty old Sako M591 with a shot out barrel and a boogered up recoil lug.

The trigger had been farked with or as THOD would say fucked with :roll:

I had a 6mm barrel fitted, a Rem style recoil lug and a Barnyard Tikka Trigger fitted

Slotted it into an "F"class stock............. and my better half shot it very well at Comps

Then ENTER the dreaded China Originated Viral Infectious Disease aka Covid for short

Range attendances where limited then the availability of components were limited (because of Covid) :roll: :roll:

And the bother of balancing range attendances work and in the case of my far better half`s business venture meant

The Sako has sat in the safe for a while.

I have put it back into the original Sako stock ,set the trigger at 6 oz,Have a 22 Cal Cheetah barrel and well don`t know what to do with it.
LoneRider
50 BMG
Favourite Cartridge: 308

Re: Do I keep it ?

Post by LoneRider »

1) covid was discovered by the yanks back in the mid 60's,but the chinese weaponised it.
2) yes - on the condition that you can get ammo components for it.
:wink:
RDavies
.257 Roberts
Favourite Cartridge: 7 SAUM

Post by RDavies »

MISSED wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:58 pm So I bought a Rusty old Sako M591 with a shot out barrel and a boogered up recoil lug.

The trigger had been farked with or as THOD would say fucked with :roll:

I had a 6mm barrel fitted, a Rem style recoil lug and a Barnyard Tikka Trigger fitted

Slotted it into an "F"class stock............. and my better half shot it very well at Comps

Then ENTER the dreaded China Originated Viral Infectious Disease aka Covid for short

Range attendances where limited then the availability of components were limited (because of Covid) :roll: :roll:

And the bother of balancing range attendances work and in the case of my far better half`s business venture meant

The Sako has sat in the safe for a while.

I have put it back into the original Sako stock ,set the trigger at 6 oz,Have a 22 Cal Cheetah barrel and well don`t know what to do with it.
The answer is dead simple. You have a 22 cal barrel for it. Turn it into a 220 Swift, 220 Swift AI or something similar and splatter some rabbits with it. What twist and profile is the barrel?
B4408
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 20VT

Post by B4408 »

Go Rod's suggestion. Old school cool... :D .
You won't have time to wear it out like you may have in the past.
B.
dashooter
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: Wby Magnum's :)

Do I keep it ?

Post by dashooter »

B4408 wrote:Go Rod's suggestion. Old school cool... :D .
You won't have time to wear it out like you may have in the past.
B.
I see a .220 Weatherby Rocket in his future. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Branxhunter
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: .20-222

Post by Branxhunter »

Swift….

Marcus
barryb
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 17 ackley hornet

Post by barryb »

Yes I'll second the Swift.
I'd just like to know how Missed can get a Sako trigger down to 6 ounces. ?? :o Any hints Missed.
MISSED

Post by MISSED »

Well sorry I will have to say no 220 Swift for a couple of reasons.Firstly The swift case will not reliably feed with the 22/250 follower.In the L579 for example the Swift used a different follower to the 22/250 as well as the 243/308.
Not sure whether the Swift was available in the M591 so getting a suitable follower may be like finding Hens finger nails :shock: And secondly I have had a multiple Swifts and feel a change is needed to maybe raised the flagging interest :roll:

Barry the the M series of Sako`s (491 591 691)use a different trigger to the L series and is the same as the Later Tikka T3.Barnard from New Zealand make a trigger for the T3 "that is adjustable every which from Friday it is Double stage, singe stage,Position of the trigger blade and as I said down to 6 ounces or less.And for somewhere around $300 AUD ,2019,an absolute Bargain IMO

Pics are of the left and right hand side of the M series Sako triggers I do have an L series trigger floating around but could not find it for for a comparo pic
MISSED

Post by MISSED »

barryb
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 17 ackley hornet

Post by barryb »

Thanks for the clarification Andrew - timely as I was about to head down to Yass with a couple of L461 & an A1 but thats all on a different page now. There were a couple around a good few years ago made by "Maddco" ?? I think but that one I got sits on a L461 & I'm a little disappointed with it cause I can't get it to register anything on my trigger gauge. :lol:
RDavies
.257 Roberts

Post by RDavies »

MISSED wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 11:43 am Well sorry I will have to say no 220 Swift for a couple of reasons.Firstly The swift case will not reliably feed with the 22/250 follower.In the L579 for example the Swift used a different follower to the 22/250 as well as the 243/308.
Not sure whether the Swift was available in the M591 so getting a suitable follower may be like finding Hens finger nails :shock: And secondly I have had a multiple Swifts and feel a change is needed to maybe raised the flagging interest :roll:

Barry the the M series of Sako`s (491 591 691)use a different trigger to the L series and is the same as the Later Tikka T3.Barnard from New Zealand make a trigger for the T3 "that is adjustable every which from Friday it is Double stage, singe stage,Position of the trigger blade and as I said down to 6 ounces or less.And for somewhere around $300 AUD ,2019,an absolute Bargain IMO

Pics are of the left and right hand side of the M series Sako triggers I do have an L series trigger floating around but could not find it for for a comparo pic
So what have you decided on? It must be fun and interesting.
MISSED

Post by MISSED »

Little interest on abused guns soooooo it looks like it will stay for a while at least.

Might screw the 22x47L barrel on for some giggles
RDavies
.257 Roberts

Post by RDavies »

MISSED wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 6:54 pm Little interest on abused guns soooooo it looks like it will stay for a while at least.

Might screw the 22x47L barrel on for some giggles
That should work well with 40gn pills run flat out
MISSED

Post by MISSED »

Yes that should create some giggle factor I have a Wallet

Maybe not as much as the 6.5 oh my god did though

RDavies
.257 Roberts

Post by RDavies »

MISSED wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:15 pm Yes that should create some giggle factor I have a Wallet

Maybe not as much as the 6.5 oh my god did though

6.5 Oh My God???? What is that? Is that the 6.5/300Weatherby we saw explode the rabbit?