Krico 22wmr

Talk about your Varmint Rifles and other firearms here!
Branxhunter
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: .20-222

Krico 22wmr

Post by Branxhunter »

As an 18th birthday gift to his eldest son one of my best mates recently bought a second hand Krico .22wmr. It came with a Weaver 4x, but I think that has now been replaced with a 6x Pecar. It seems to be a beautifully built rifle. The magazine is very solidly built and quite heavy. It would be good to find a spare but I understand they are hard to come by.

The trigger is quite heavy with a very long and indistinct pull before the firing pin falls. Some research finds that apparently they can be worked on to produce a nice trigger but information is scant - any experience held by the AV brains trust?

Marcus
MISSED
Favourite Cartridge: 20 PPC

Re: Krico 22wmr

Post by MISSED »

Lovely looking little rifle Marcus and well done on the entitling by your mate.

I can just see how lovely that stock will come up with a little loving

I am not sre but aren`t the Krico triggers two Stage ?
Branxhunter
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by Branxhunter »

Yep two stage. The local gunsmith worked on it and the pull is lighter but still has a bit of mushy creep at the start of the second stage.

My mate sourced some Lynx bases and 26mm rings to Mount the Pecar. It's an old reticle moving job so the Lynx bases with the adjustment were preferred to avoid having the reticle up in one corner of the view.

After the mounted it up they were zeroing it in, and groups started ok but got steadily worse. Turns out the bases were slipping on the dovetail. They ended up needing to take 13 thou' off the side of the bases to get them to tighten up securely. Some of the 13 thou' was removed from the face where the D&T hole for the claw screw goes into the base:

The angle of the claws fits the ~60 deg angle of the Krico dovetail well. Apparently the bases were to suit an Anschutz dovetail which is ~80 deg, and didn't fit an Annie 1400 well at all.

All mounted up:

At 65m it loves the Hornady 30gn v-maxes, but is ambivalent on the Rem 40gn PSPs.

So far it seems to prefer 30gn loads over 40gn loads - it also shoots the CCI 30gn HP loads very well.

Marcus
Branxhunter
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by Branxhunter »

I took the proud owner and his dad out for a look with the spotlight one night last week and he blooded the Krico including a nice headshot. Ammo was the CCI 30gn HP.

Marcus
fenring

Post by fenring »

Great outfit mate.