New stocks

Talk about your Varmint Rifles and other firearms here!
trevort
Spud Gun
Favourite Cartridge: Tater

Re: New stocks

Post by trevort »

Seddo wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:07 pm Tony, I agree they can be heavier but they do have positives. This is the Elisio chassis in have, with short barrels (15" one pictured) it's not heavy.

The positive to this rifle is I have a buttom units with SA, LA & 338CIP magazine assemblies. You cant do that with a regular stock.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
thats purdy
trevort
Spud Gun
Favourite Cartridge: Tater

Re: New stocks

Post by trevort »

Glenn wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:12 pm
trevort wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:26 pm Tony I have a 6 slr, recent acquisition. I read the posts about using win brass to avoid the donut. My dies ar still on the way but don’t include a fl die. Options look like whidden a around $200.

I had a 6x47lap benchrest rifle for kerriet which was sold due to lack of use. I kept the dies and brass and have a 22x47lap.

I’ve always wanted a varmint rifle in 6x47lap. I’m seriously thinking of having the 6 slr rechambered to 6x47lap as I already have dies.

I’ve got some re16 and 500 87 gn Berger's.........

I should probably keep the 6 slr but wonder if that tougher Lapua brass could see those 87 gn Berger’s fly out a bit quicker. And I have dies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would be very interested to see how they 87gr Berger's go Trevor!

Mick was using them at 3300 from his 243 before he sold it. It was a killing combo

Glenn