Tikka T1x

Talk about your Varmint Rifles and other firearms here!
lee_enfield223
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: 223rem

Re: Tikka T1x

Post by lee_enfield223 »

got a bell and carson m40 stock for mine
tikka m40 resize.jpg
tikka m40 resize.jpg (173.8 KiB) Viewed 13909 times
Tony Z
.270 Winchester

Post by Tony Z »

That stock looks great Lee. I have a B&C stock that i considered for a moment but for the time being the factory stock will do.
I shot the T1x again in some better conditions with RWS Target and RWS Riffle Match and SK Match. Hard to split either at 50 meters but what is clear is that the T1x is the real deal. It shoots like a BR rifle limited by scope and shooter ability. Its ability to maintain the same POI with any target ammo is what sets it apart for me. My P94S shoots very well, but the Tikka is way less finicky in the way it prints all breeds over the top of each other.
kickinback
50 BMG
Favourite Cartridge: 260 Rem

Post by kickinback »

Tony Z wrote:That stock looks great Lee. I have a B&C stock that i considered for a moment but for the time being the factory stock will do.
I shot the T1x again in some better conditions with RWS Target and RWS Riffle Match and SK Match. Hard to split either at 50 meters but what is clear is that the T1x is the real deal. It shoots like a BR rifle limited by scope and shooter ability. Its ability to maintain the same POI with any target ammo is what sets it apart for me. My P94S shoots very well, but the Tikka is way less finicky in the way it prints all breeds over the top of each other.

Thanks for that. Was tossing up between a second hand P94S or the Tikka. Problem solved.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
lee_enfield223
.17 HMR

Post by lee_enfield223 »

Well I was looking at rimfire central in the USA and a guy finally removed his T1X barrel over there,so I am posting his pics for you guys to see. Thanks to
Emietenkorte in the USA, I bet it won't be long before we see Lilja and other aftermarket barrels for sale
Attachments
46465047352_02da57d251_b.jpg
46465047272_6d2faf4eec_b.jpg
45793337614_27ea7a2a12_b.jpg
trevort
Spud Gun
Favourite Cartridge: Tater

Post by trevort »

kickinback wrote:
Tony Z wrote:That stock looks great Lee. I have a B&C stock that i considered for a moment but for the time being the factory stock will do.

Thanks for that. Was tossing up between a second hand P94S or the Tikka. Problem solved.

Are going
To start taking these rimfire fly comps a little bit seriously?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lee_enfield223
.17 HMR

Post by lee_enfield223 »

trevort wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:06 pm
kickinback wrote:

Are going

Since I got the Bell and Carlson M40 Varmint stock for mine the extra weight is just right for 22 PRS comps and as has been said above it's not that ammo selective.Now just waiting for the extra magazines in 22LR to arrive in late february .
kickinback
50 BMG

Post by kickinback »

trevort wrote:
kickinback wrote:

Are going

I want to have a crack Trev. I don’t have a Rimfire anymore so 2 birds one stoneImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
trevort
Spud Gun

Post by trevort »

Well fuck it then, that means I’ll have to have a crack

kickinback
50 BMG

Post by kickinback »

trevort wrote:Well fuck it then, that means I’ll have to have a crack

Attaboy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
curan
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 30/30

Post by curan »

The Raven wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:59 pm I've not used a lot of CCI. Found them to be good but the SK gave marginally tighter groups on a more consistent basis (covering my mistakes?).
My experience exactly Raven........ including the possibility of covering my mistakes, too .... :D
luditeuser
Favourite Cartridge: 30x47 Lapua

Post by luditeuser »

For those going to -
( To quote Trev ) "start taking these rimfire fly comps a little bit seriously?"

You may get something from..........
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9745&start=15

Anyone taking bets as to who reaches for the House Brick first ? :D
curan
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 30/30

Post by curan »

luditeuser wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:24 pm For those going to -
( To quote Trev ) "start taking these rimfire fly comps a little bit seriously?"

You may get something from..........
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9745&start=15

Anyone taking bets as to who reaches for the House Brick first ? :D
Yep, an AV classic quote..... :lol:
Rinso wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:25 pm I have said it before and I will say it again ...
Buy a comfy chair and a house brick, every Saturday arvo sit in the chair having a nice time and about every 20-30 minutes smack yourself in the head with the brick ... or go shoot rimfires for accuracy ... the result is the same a nice afternoon with intermittent headaches.
mick_762
50 BMG
Favourite Cartridge: 308 Norma

Post by mick_762 »

"Potentially"..... Kicken grabbing the brick.....to hit Trevor :shock:
kickinback
50 BMG

Post by kickinback »

As most would know it’s not the winning or losing I’m interested in. I just want to shoot more.

trevort
Spud Gun

Post by trevort »

And I never win but I know there is zero chance at being competitive when they shoot rimfire. So I don’t go. But having more range time with your mates is a win in itself